Blind Spot Monitoring

This is a discussion on Blind Spot Monitoring within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; When I ordered the Evoque 5-door (North America) a month ago, I did so by referencing the website which does not list BSM as an ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Blind Spot Monitoring

Super Moderator
    Member #

Blind Spot Monitoring

When I ordered the Evoque 5-door (North America) a month ago, I did so by referencing the website which does not list BSM as an option for the 5-door, only the coupe. I recently saw a 5-door with BSM, and therefore tried to amend my order, as I would like to have it.

Per LR, it turns out LR made just 500 5-doors with BSM in 2012, but they are no longer available. You can't special order this option except for coupes. That's why the LR website only lists it for coupes. Just FYI, since it took some checking to get this info. Anyone understand this strategy? Are they doing it to make the coupe more desirable? Seems an odd play for LR....
    AndiMay and El Chorizo like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have it on mine. Thank goodness! I don't understand their strategy. Seems like a necessary option on any SUV.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I don't understand their strategy. Seems like a necessary option on any SUV.
    Agreed....

Member #
    The one disappointing part of all of this is, it seems all had to do a bit of research to find out the different things or find out the hard way because it wasn't clearly stated by dealer?
    Why is the question! It shouldn't be this difficult!
    I did a LOT of research before buying... even found this site through that... contemplated not buying after reading some comments here and other places... BUT thankfully did order a coupe with premium pkg which includes the BSM system.

For anyone still looking... deciding... If you order a Pure add the premium package instead of Nav and climate separately. You'll save so much more because you'll get more than you cannot ADD without it, like the upgraded headlamps, premium sound system, blind spot monitoring, voice recognition, and more. Definitely ask ask and ask some more to get the answers you're looking for.

Best. A

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiMay View Post
    The one disappointing part of all of this is, it seems all had to do a bit of research to find out the different things or find out the hard way because it wasn't clearly stated by dealer?
    Why is the question! It shouldn't be this difficult!
    I agree with this too. I have spoken to four dealers about options and questions regarding the Nav. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but very few black and white answers to many of my questions. I am at times underwhelmed by the salespeople's knowledge. I have felt like I am bugging them by trying to pin down answers, but then I remember how much the car costs. Even within this site there are discrepancies. (e.g- can you program the Nav while driving? How long does the back-up camera take to engage?) There are a few things going on: The model is new, and it seems that the salespeople truly do not have all of the facts. In addition, the options available and the performance of some options have changed: The back-up camera appears to have been improved, since I tried a floor model recently and it switched on within a second of starting the car and shifting quickly. The signature LED lighting around the xenon headlamps has also changed since the car was introduced according to one dealer. So, hopefully these are signs of an improving model and also that LR is listening to concerns, but it makes it tough to get up-to-date info!!!
    Scott
    tokeloke likes this.

Member #
    There have been changes since the car was first introduced. One was losing the above option.

However, I now have the parallel park assist feature, but I lost the ability to have my gloss black wheels (now an accessory).

The RR web site has changed a few time over the last 4 months. Make sure that you research well and get what you want in writing when ordering!!!

Member #
    Blind Spot Monitoring is an option on the five door here in Australia. I find it strange that we do not have the option for the timed and remote heating / cooling offered in the UK!

Member #
    I just ordered mine today. I got a five-door dynamic with BSM. I didn't even have to add any upgrades except climate control.
    -Brandon

2012 Range Rover Evoque Five Door
    Dynamic / 2.0 Si4 4WD (Automatic)
    Fuji White; Lunar/Savannah (Ebony headliner)
    +Climate Comfort Package
    +Sat Radio
    +Adaptive Dynamics

Administrator
    Member #
    Congrats Brandon! What are you driving now?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I just ordered mine today. I got a five-door dynamic with BSM. I didn't even have to add any upgrades except climate control.
    Congrats! What country are you in? I find it odd that you were able to order BSM if this is North America for a 5d...

Ads