Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage - Page 2

Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

This is a discussion on Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I'm getting 30 mpg driving 65 mph on the freeway. You get punished for driving it like a sports car though. Kick it into sports ...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

Member #
    I'm getting 30 mpg driving 65 mph on the freeway. You get punished for driving it like a sports car though. Kick it into sports mode, get aggressive with the paddle shifters and it gets about 18 mpg. Another thing worth mentioning is the gas gauge isn't linear. Mine goes from full to 3/4 tank in less than 50 miles, then settles in.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    God! you guys must drive it feathering the throttle. I think I drive a lot slower than usual coasting as much as possible and using the cruise control between lights and still get 18.3 to 18.9 average. that means i am averaging about 14 city 23 highway. That aint that good. Still Better than my honda element (15-20mpg) not better than my supercharged Elise (20 - 28). The honda element is about the only car ive seen that does better in city than highway. Pushing 80 mph at 4k rpm with a box shaped design is like dragging a building with a lawnmower.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
    God! you guys must drive it feathering the throttle. I think I drive a lot slower than usual coasting as much as possible and using the cruise control between lights and still get 18.3 to 18.9 average. that means i am averaging about 14 city 23 highway. That aint that good. Still Better than my honda element (15-20mpg) not better than my supercharged Elise (20 - 28). The honda element is about the only car ive seen that does better in city than highway. Pushing 80 mph at 4k rpm with a box shaped design is like dragging a building with a lawnmower.
    This is more LOGICAL, as I get exactly the same average as you do and I have been checking for over 2K miles now.
    Never got any better than that.
    Regards,
    brazeagle

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've been getting 20.5 mpg with my city/highway mix. Not as good as my Volvo C30, but definitely better than our Tundra!

Member #
    I seriously need some advice to get the milleage you guys are getting. Today my average from the new tank is about 16MPG. That is very bad considering that I am very very gentle with the pedal. It starts to bother me to the point that I am at the stop light and when it goes green everybody goes and I am left way behind because I wanna see if my fuel consumption decreases. As soon as I get to 25mph I put the cruise control and gain speed with the buttons on the steering wheel. AC always off..... what do you guys do?

Member #
    Just flipped through my trip computer which hasn't been reset since new and it's showing 22.3 mpg which includes freeway, off road and spirited (paddle shifter) driving. Window sticker says 22 MPG combined so mine's getting as advertised. Car has just over 2000 miles.

Last edited by gimme; 01-26-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    That's interesting and intriguing!
    My EVOQUE bearly makes 14MPG in a mix driving, I drive NORMAL, and I have never went close to 20 even in a pure highways driving at MAX 70 MPH.
    As mentioned before, I am driving from NYC to MIAMI on the 17 FEB and I will then check it FOR SURE, because this vehicle does not reach better gas mileage than my sport V8 6.4 vehicle, which I get 14.3 i n the city and 19.3 in the highway without much struggle and never BELOW 70MPH...go figure!

Not sure if I also have a problem with my electronic gauge...
    I will shoot a picture today, will show you what I have been getting for the past FULL tank of gas, mixed driving, I will do that today before I have to fill up the tank, which is when I reset the trip.

SO DON'T BE SURPRIZED.
    Take care,
    braztang

Member #
    If I set cruise at 65 MPH I'm consistently getting over 30 MPG on the highway. 14 MPG is not acceptable and you may want to take it to the dealer.
    Last edited by gimme; 01-27-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #

Exclamation

Name:  MPG-EVOQUE.jpg
Views: 5379
Size:  94.7 KB
    As Promised...I KNOW YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!
    I did not believe myself and I took the car back to the dealership this monring, and all electronics checks out okay, this is the ACTUAL MILEAGE for more than a 3/4 tank of gas, mixed Highway/Local driving, never exceeded 70MPH, never drove it CRAZY, really, normal drive, GUESS WHAT the salespeson told me! it is common to get around 14MPG! HOW COME! I see some posts telling over 20MPH!
    Again, I will take it to FL in a few weeks and see what happens, than I will post again with HOPEFULY new numbers.
    brazeagle

Member #
    WOW that is pretty bad and I thought I was doing something wrong. I am still at 17 to 18 but driving very gentle. I would not imagine what would it be if I were to drive how I usually drive.
    Current toys:

White 2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    White 2012 Range Rover Evoque (Pure Premium)
    White 2011 Fiat 500 (lounge) Fiancee's toy

Previous cool toys:

Orange 2007 Lotus elise w/ aftermarket SC kit
    2008 Ducati S4Rs tricolore
    2008 Ducati 848
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Ads