Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage - Page 20

Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

This is a discussion on Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Land Rover is using the Evoque to deal with the abominable CAFE numbers that it is nowhere near being able to meet, thus the reason ...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

Member #
    Land Rover is using the Evoque to deal with the abominable CAFE numbers that it is nowhere near being able to meet, thus the reason drive mode allows a turbo 4 cylinder motor to operate at 1200-1600 rpms with all its associated Noise/vibration/harmonics issues. So, yes , you can get mileage numbers out of an Evoque, but ask yourself, why did I buy a 40-60K luxury SUV if I have to deal with tranny issues compounded by an engine that does nothing well at the rpms it is being run at. If you pay attention , I'll bet you'll find 90% of the transmission issues happen below 2000rpms. The entire powerplant is quite sweet above 2000rpms but the tuning is SO bad, that even in sport mode you can't enjoy it.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Land Rover is using the Evoque to deal with the abominable CAFE numbers that it is nowhere near being able to meet, thus the reason drive mode allows a turbo 4 cylinder motor to operate at 1200-1600 rpms with all its associated Noise/vibration/harmonics issues. So, yes , you can get mileage numbers out of an Evoque, but ask yourself, why did I buy a 40-60K luxury SUV if I have to deal with tranny issues compounded by an engine that does nothing well at the rpms it is being run at. If you pay attention , I'll bet you'll find 90% of the transmission issues happen below 2000rpms. The entire powerplant is quite sweet above 2000rpms but the tuning is SO bad, that even in sport mode you can't enjoy it.
    That's why I use the paddle shifters in sport mode, unless I'm cruising on the interstate in drive. The paddle shifts are quick and sharp, unlike many cars that take too long for the paddle change and have a blunt effect. I replaced my plastic paddles with the red anodized metal shifters from Jaguar. Its a direct replacement. Gives a nice tactile feel and looks good. Thankfully I have a 6-speed Evoque, but it still lugs at low RPMs too often. The Ford motor is responsive when you allow it to come to life.

Member #
    Well said. My only issue is paddling 9 gears gets old quick but, I too, use the paddles to "CORRECT" the lousy programming, even in sport. Do you have a dynamic?? Is it schizophrenic in dynamic sport?? Will cruise control hold gears at 5000rpms???

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I purchased my 2015 Evoque in Richmond, VA last week. It was filled up and I drove it home to Knoxville, TN with 100% interstate driving. The cruise was set most of the time on about 70-76. I was very happy with the 28.4mpg. However I filled up the next day and I have driven it to work a couple of times which is about 2 miles of city roads with 3 red lights, 8 miles of interstate, and about 4 miles of state highway with no stops. I haven't been driving it hard or anything, but I am only getting about 21mpg. I was hoping to get closer to 23-24.

Member #
    Not to burst your bubble, but if you were reading those numbers off the computer, its at least 10% high so your 28.4 is really only 25.5

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but if you were reading those numbers off the computer, its at least 10% high so your 28.4 is really only 25.5

Yeah, I have noticed this. So 28.4 on the rod was probably more like 25...and the 21 I am getting in mixed driving is probably closer to 18 or 19. I noticed that when I fill up it is taking way more gas than it should if the computer readings were correct. The computer for my 2005 G35 were way off as well.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Ads