Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage - Page 3

Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

This is a discussion on Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Isn't it? I am really concerned, I am driving my V8 more often than I do the EVOQUE and that is not GOOD! I have ...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Isn't it? I am really concerned, I am driving my V8 more often than I do the EVOQUE and that is not GOOD!
    I have serious complains about that, but the dealer says it was my choice! can you imagine!

ANyway, I will do a calculation on my onw from my next tank and see if concurs with the computer average mileage gas.
    I will keep you guys informed.
    Regards to all and enjoy the weekend.
    brazeagle

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Brazeagle, what type of topography do you have in the Bayside area? On a straight road, forward and back ward can you see from horizon to horizon or are there subtle or substantial hills?

I was surprised how much this actually makes a difference. When I drove a Sequoia we were getting around 11 - 15 mpg in the Philadelphia area which has some hills. When we drove around Chicago and parts of Ohio (which are painfully flat) we were getting almost consistent 23 mpg. When we ended up back in Philly we went back to the same crappy mileage.

Could all these differences be the flat vs. hilly factor?

Member #
    I've had my Evoque for 8 days now and a little over 800 miles on it already. It says I'm getting about 24.9mpg in the south jersey-central new jersey area on highways. I do about 80% highway driving and using cruise control a lot. On the highways I have CC usually set between 70-74mph. The other 20% non-highway driving can sometimes be as low as 19-21mpg. I think these numbers are higher than what I'm actually getting but not sure about that yet. I feel like I have to fill the tank more often that I should be. This is with light driving too. I used to have a camaro so while it's tough to change my driving habits to be "light on the pedal" I quickly realized I need to do this in order to get somewhat ok gas mileage when I was hoping to get more like 25-26mpg avg between the 80%highway/20%non-highway driving. I think it is a little touchy on the pedal so I have to go VERY light to not speed up real fast. One I thing I noticed though is that the % left in the fuel tank doesn't always look right. It seems to jump through that first 25% real fast then slow down. When the low fuel light came on and I had about 30miles left, it only filled up 15 gallons when I know it has an 18.1 gallon tank. Given my avg MPG, I would have expected the meter to read more like 60-70 miles left, not 30. Maybe not that big of a deal, but when I fill it all the way up, it usually says the miles til empty is about 330miles. this doesnt make sense to me because again, if I estimate my total avg is about 23.5mpg for an 18.1gallon tank that would mean I should get like 425.35 miles until empty, not 330. Thats 100 mile difference and pretty significant. I'm a little confused on this and not sure yet what the real world MPG I am getting. Its also too new so not really broken in yet and I'll have to keep a log of total miles traveled and how much I'm filling up my tank to get a real world avg mpg over time instead of believing the truck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Yesterday I took my V8-6.4L for the same route I do with my EVOQUE,
    Bayside, Long Island and vicinity is very FLAT, so no hill driving involved at all, thanks for that observation.

My V8, just 6.4L, a bit different to the 4 cilinder 2.0 Turbo, got me 14.8 while driving normal and sometimes inevitable stepping in the accelarator for some fun, now with the EVOQUE, I never step on the gas because it is not the same, so it is not so fun anyway (in terms of power) and I was a happy camper, I DID IT! I was able to get 12.2 MPG! on the EVOQUE.

Anyway, I did take to the dealer, and they see nothing wrong with it through the diagonistic computer, so off I went clueless.

I am counting down for my trip to FL on the 17 FEB, I really consider driving my SRT8 392, but since I have the EVOQUE with entertainment on the rear seats, I will have to dirve tha EVOQUE because of my 8 yrs old who will need to watch some movies on the way.

I will let you know after my trip, I will perform my onw calcualtions and compare to the dashboard computer and see what happens.
    Will keep you posted.
    Regards and enjoy the week ahead,
    brazeagle

Member #
    Brazeagle...what model do you have and which wheels? I'm getting average MPG in a pure 4 door with standard wheels. Your mileage so far below average that something has to be wrong.

Member #
    On my daily commute home today, which is 44.7 miles, I averaged 25.4mpg. I had to drive excruciatingly painfully slow. In fact, I've never driving so slow every since I got my license when I was 17 about 14yrs ago. 30 of those miles were pure highway on 295 in NJ and I had cruise control on 65mph the whole time. the remaining 14.7 miles were not highway but there was noone on the road and I put CC on 50mph and only stopped at 4 lights. the average MPH for the whole trip was 50mph. basically, i followed the speed limit on the highway and the regular road (which i've never done before and feels awwfulllyyy slow and I became one of those people that I can't stand to drive behind because they go too slow.) but this made my trip at least 15 minutes longer than usual. i don't like driving that slow. I couldn't seem to get the mpg to go any higher than this. my time is more important to me than trying to squeeze the extra 2mpg out of it.

Name:  gasmpg.jpg
Views: 3826
Size:  27.9 KB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme View Post
    Brazeagle...what model do you have and which wheels? I'm getting average MPG in a pure 4 door with standard wheels. Your mileage so far below average that something has to be wrong.
    Hello,
    mu EVOQUE is the Pure Premium, 19 inches factory wheels with all season tires, nothing really special from any other settings.

By now I know I have a problem, as I drive my EVOQUE to work everyday and today my average went down to 11.5 and will not go up. This is a 10 miles drive, mixed local and highway, almost no stop lights and always at about 40 MPH, except 60 at the highway with speed limit at 50MPH (LOCAL NY HIGHWAYS).

I am really skeptical in travelling 3000 miles plus with my EVOQUE, but I guess I will have to do it, since this was the main reason I bought the car. i may take the car to the Dealership before I travel, once again just to check it.

Will keep you all posted,
    take care,
    brazeagle

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brazeagle View Post
    Hello,
    mu EVOQUE is the Pure Premium, 19 inches factory wheels with all season tires, nothing really special from any other settings.

By now I know I have a problem, as I drive my EVOQUE to work everyday and today my average went down to 11.5 and will not go up. This is a 10 miles drive, mixed local and highway, almost no stop lights and always at about 40 MPH, except 60 at the highway with speed limit at 50MPH (LOCAL NY HIGHWAYS).

I am really skeptical in travelling 3000 miles plus with my EVOQUE, but I guess I will have to do it, since this was the main reason I bought the car. i may take the car to the Dealership before I travel, once again just to check it.

take care,
    brazeagle
    how many miles are you getting per tank? From what I can tell each time I start a trip the counter starts at 0 for avg MPG then slowly works it way up. at 10 miles mine would also probably read something like 12mpg, but after 45 miles straight it reaches 25mpg. this is different than my old murano that after resetting it would take about a minute and then would display the real world mpg immediately, whereas the evoque resets at 0 and slowly accumulates. I doubt you'd ever "see" more than 10-15mpg on the display if your commute is only 10 miles, but if you take the number of miles you drove between refils divided by how many gallons you filled up, you'll get a rough estimate but you might actually be getting a higher mpg than you think. this is an obversation on my part. i dont know if its just a flaw with teh way the numbers are calculated and shown on teh screen. to me they seem inaccurate but I'll need more time to measure.

Bob
    Member #
    Are you using high test gas or plus 89octaine

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brazeagle View Post
    Hello,

take care,
    brazeagle
    Wow, that is ridiculous - I don't see how a 4cyl turbo can get such bad mileage! You said it yourself, your 6.4L gets better mileage! There has to be an answer for this somewhere. I would do the manual calculations for a couple of tanks of gas to see what it really is. It sounds like it's not being calculated correctly. One of the reasons I am very interested in getting an Evoque is because of it's seemingly well rated mileage!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ads