Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

This is a discussion on Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I'd really like to know the real world gas mileage the evoque can produce. Please let us know what you have been getting?...

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

Member #

I'd really like to know the real world gas mileage the evoque can produce. Please let us know what you have been getting?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Refuelling first time after 660 kms (mainly roads): 52,5 liters, which makes 7.96 ltr / 100 kms or 35.49 miles per gallon (Imperial).
    My Evoque is 2.2 TD4 Dynamic Automat.

Second refuelling after 1158 kms: 8,58 ltr / 100 kms, driving mainly on motorways and in Helsinki city center.
    Last edited by timosf; 10-23-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Member #
    I am getting 420 miles to a tank and a combined 25mpg. I like that a lot compared to combined 12 from my H2. Plus being all wheel drive I am super impressed. P.S. this is in Colorado

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    So far our Evoque has been registering no more than 30 mpg and as our driving is mainly extra-urban, on the face of it this is somewhat disappointing, as the excellent consumption was a major deciding factor in our purchase. We will refuel and try to calculate a more accurate mpg,but so far the consumption seems rather higher than the hype would make you believe .

Member #
    You must have read "hype" from the European Diesle 2-WD version. The Gasoline 4-WD version is rated at 28 highway. I've been averaging 25.5. It would probably be higher if I stayed at the speed limit and didn't have so much fun passing people. The car I traded in had a 1.5L engine and 96hp, now this has a 2.0L engine and 240HP. Nice improvement in efficiency when you look at the power coming out compared to the amount of fuel going in.
    Last edited by fixmdude; 11-20-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fixmdude View Post
    You must have read "hype" from the European Diesle 2-WD version. The Gasoline 4-WD version is rated at 28 highway. I've been averaging 25.5. It would probably be higher if I stayed at the speed limit and didn't have so much fun passing people. The car I traded in had a 1.5L engine and 96hp, now this has a 2.0L engine and 240HP. Nice improvement in efficiency when you look at the power coming out compared to the amount of fuel going in.
    Nope - I double checked the figures on the Land Rover Website to make sure I was looking at the correct model and fuel type. (I've got a 2.2 Diesel 190). In fact at the end of last week I fuelled up, drove mostly motorways for 200 miles. It registered an average speed of 65mph - which only returned 35.2mpg - not quite the average 44.1mpg that was claimed. I realise the mpg figures are calculated in ideal conditions and are always a bit aspirational, but this is way off!

I love the car - but the fuel economy is being used as a selling point which I think is quite misleading.

Member #
    Hey ferymac, how is the diesel to drive? I think I read it has 310 ft/lbs of torque so the must still scoot.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far, 2 weeks of driving, 1000 miles on the odometer I do about 340 miles on a tank, in an average of 20 mpg so far.
    I drive in NY, highway and local (considering normal to low traffic area) and never seen any better than this until now.
    safe ride,
    brazeagle
    Victor likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
    Hey ferymac, how is the diesel to drive? I think I read it has 310 ft/lbs of torque so the must still scoot.
    It's great to drive. I used to have an Audi TT which was also diesel - and obviously the Evoque's not going to handle like the TT but still, the accelleration is more than adequate. 0-60 isn't that fast, but in the higher level, 50-70 for overtaking, it feels pretty good - and that's whats most important - not beating the boy-racers from the lights! Besides - the issue in this thread is the fuel economy so my right foot has a helium balloon tied to it all the time!!

Member #
    I get almost exactly as advertised. With highway use I get around 30 mpg, in town around 24. This car is easy to drive, fun to drive, and I love it as much after a month as I did day 1.

Didn't to expect to like the Galway Green, but bought and love it!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads