Strong Vibration can be felt in passenger cabin when at a complete stop

This is a discussion on Strong Vibration can be felt in passenger cabin when at a complete stop within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I just bought the Pure Plus Evoque a few weeks ago. While driving I noticed a strong vibration that occurs when I come to a ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Strong Vibration can be felt in passenger cabin when at a complete stop

I just bought the Pure Plus Evoque a few weeks ago. While driving I noticed a strong vibration that occurs when I come to a complete stop. (Example: Red light). The vibration is very strong and noticeable when touching the steering wheel. The vibration can also be felt in the driver and passenger seat. As soon as I start moving again the vibration disappears. To summarize when at a complete stop in either Drive or Reverse there is a strong vibration that can be felt in the passenger cabin, especially on the steering wheel When in Park or Neutral there is no vibration

I took it to the dealer and he said this was normal. I donít think it is and the vibration is driving me crazy. Has anyone else noticed this? Really hoping there is a fix for this.

My Evoque has the Si4 Automatic 2.0 Liter engine bought in Canada

2. # ADS
    Ads

Bob
    Member #
    Yes I get the same vibration at the same time. Dealer said it is normal, I drove another new Evoque at dealer, same results. I was told by the dealer if enough people send emails to Rangerovers main office maybe something can be done.

Member #
    I went back to the dealership and drove another evoque as well and noticed the vibration. The Mechanic at the dealer said it happens in all evoques. Apparently it's the torque building while in idle. The only way to fix is to have Range Rover do a software update. The only way to get this fixed is if enough people complain. So if you are reading this please complain to your dealership about strong vibrations while in idle. THANK YOU!

Member #
    Definitely complain to corporate. I complained to LR USA and they noted the issue.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Member #
    I have a April 12 Auto diesel Evoque that vibrates in D whilts sitting in traffic, Landrover have told me that it is a characteristic and not detrimental to the running of the vehicle. I am taking legal advice so that I can return the car as its not fit for purpose

Member #
    Maybe ask the service department to reduce or increase the idle RPM . that might help the situation that's what I requested for mine and it worked. Hardly feel it now although I have done 7,000kms now.

Member #
    Maybe ask service to replace the diesel with a petrol. They seem to stuff everything else up, I wouldn't put it past the Brits.

Member #
    the other thing could be the diesel fuel filter/particulate that may need to be replaced. I've heard that could also have been an issue.

Ads