2013 Evoque Home Link Programming Problem

This is a discussion on 2013 Evoque Home Link Programming Problem within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello, Just joined the forums as a proud new 2013 Evoque owner. Right now the issue I was hoping to get help on is how ...

Member #

Hello,

Just joined the forums as a proud new 2013 Evoque owner. Right now the issue I was hoping to get help on is how to program the homelink system to my Lift Master 8355 opener (w/ repeater installed). I have a 2011 Infiniti FX-35 with homelink that works just fine. But can't seem to get the Evoque to do the same unfortunately. I've tried first clearing the system (using outer buttons), then multiple attempts with my opener and holding in the target program button (#1 in my case). And finally also the rolling code method. Nothing seems to work. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, this video was fairly close to what I've all tried thus far:

Last edited by knight1fox3; 06-18-2017 at 07:57 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Knight1fox3, Welcome to the forum!
    I have a MY13 Evoque coupe and had no problems setting up the Home Link. Do you have a friend, or relative that would allow you to try programming their opener? If it works with theirs, it would prove the Home Link works in the car, just not with your opener. You can always clear the programming after the test.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Knight1fox3, Welcome to the forum!
    I have a MY13 Evoque coupe and had no problems setting up the Home Link. Do you have a friend, or relative that would allow you to try programming their opener? If it works with theirs, it would prove the Home Link works in the car, just not with your opener. You can always clear the programming after the test.
    Hello and thanks for the welcome! Also thank you for the suggestion. That seems like it would be a good thing to try, however, my Home Link already works with another vehicle (2011 Infiniti FX-35) I have. Initially that one did not and I was directed by Home Link to install a repeater module. Which I did and then the FX-35 Home Link worked fine. But for unknown reasons, I can't seem to get anything working on the Evoque with following the instructions in both the Land Rover guide and the various guides that Home Link published. Very strange.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    What you do know is that the electronic transmitter in your FX-35 works, and the electronics of your repeater works. What you don't know is whether the electronics are good in the Evoque. The test I suggested would prove the electronics in your Evoque are good. The other thing I would try is programming the other two buttons in the Evoque, to eliminate a bad number one button being the cause of your issue.

Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    What you do know is that the electronic transmitter in your FX-35 works, and the electronics of your repeater works. What you don't know is whether the electronics are good in the Evoque. The test I suggested would prove the electronics in your Evoque are good. The other thing I would try is programming the other two buttons in the Evoque, to eliminate a bad number one button being the cause of your issue.

Let us know how you make out. Good luck.
    Indeed, I see your point. I will try programming button 2 or 3 as an alternative. My neighbor might have a Home Link equipped opener that I can try as well. In parallel, I've also contacted Home Link technical support for additional guidance.

One other interesting thing to note. Initially when I was trying to program, pressing button 1 produced a solid LED indicator. Which I assume was the old programming from the previous owner. And from what I've read, a solid LED was good and meaning the system was functioning correctly. However, once I cleared all programming, now when I press button 1, it produces a slow-flashing LED. Which seems to indicate that it's still "waiting for programming info"? Not sure though, just an observation on my part.

Member #
    I've resolved this issue. I completely forgot that my Home Link repeater unit came with its own dedicated remote control (been about 4 years since I received it). Which I used instead of my opener remote control and the process completely successfully. Thanks for all the feedback.

Ads