First sevice

This is a discussion on First sevice within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Anyone notice that your first service is not till 1 year or 16,000 miles . This includes your oil change . I called and check ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First sevice

Member #

First sevice

Anyone notice that your first service is not till 1 year or 16,000 miles. This includes your oil change. I called and check this info. This is amazing that oil can last this long. Plus my first service is paid for by Land Rover. So make sure you go to the dealer you bought it from.
    Sunny likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Anyone notice that your first service is not till 1 year or 16,000 miles. This includes your oil change. I called and check this info. This is amazing that oil can last this long. Plus my first service is paid for by Land Rover. So make sure you go to the dealer you bought it from.

It surprised the crap out of me.

I called my local oil change guy and asked him to sources oil and filter for the 5000 km (3000mile) initial change a month ago, and he called back to say that it is a dealer only service...first one at 26,000 km and that the oil must be suctioned out with dealer equipment as there is no drain plug.... I guess there is a reason they give us owners manuals... too bad I hadn't looked at it lol

Wonder what it will cost?

Paul

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Interesting info, even though that seems very odd (not having a drain plug).
    I will check it out.

Thank you,
    brazeagle
    Sunny likes this.

Member #
    Is your evoque a petrol version or Diesel? Also just wondering what grade of engine oil it would use? To travel so long without a oil change it worrys me a bit!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Is your evoque a petrol version or Diesel? Also just wondering what grade of engine oil it would use? To travel so long without a oil change it worrys me a bit!
    yeah, Range Rover Evoque's service manual requires service only once every 16k miles. so that would be 16k, 32k, 48k, 64k, and so on. No oil changes needed in between. this is great. fyi this is regular gas-version, not diesel. However, I highly recommend that bring it in halfway in between the normal intervals too just to rotate your tires at every 8k (which should be free from the dealer you bought it from) or else your tires will wear out unevenly and you'll need new tires sooner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    My dealer told me about the service and at 16,000 miles, then said bring it in at 7500 miles they would be more than happy to perform the first complimentary service then. 7500 is as long as mine will go with out an oil change even with the synthetic.
    2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    My dealer also wants me to come in at 7500 miles for oil change.

Member #
    Hmm....I was thinking about that the other day. It's hard to believe I could let my oil change go that long. I'll probably want to do it at 7500 miles also. Only the dealership can perform this maintenance though?

Member #
    There is a drain plug, it is simply not easily accessible. Never change your oil without changing the filter at the same time, and I don't advise admitting it to the dealer, as they may very well take exception to any "other-than-Land-Rover" service.
    on the Coast
    2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Coupe, Ipanima Sand / Sadly gone!
    2008 Audi S6 V10 "The Beast" (For Sale)
    2014 Audi S6 V8T Quartz Grey Metallic / Balck
    2013 Porsche Boxster for my wife!

Member #
    I don't have mine yet but if it really is that hard to get to I'd just tap the pan and install a fumoto valve, taking off the undertray shouldn't be that hard. I don't go to the stealership unless I have no other choice. I know I'll do a better job taking care of my car than any mechanic.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads