Buying in the united states.

This is a discussion on Buying in the united states. within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Good day guys. I'm new to the forums. I'm looking to buy a Evoque dynamic. I've gone to my local land rover dealer and they ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Buying in the united states.

Good day guys.

I'm new to the forums.
    I'm looking to buy a Evoque dynamic.
    I've gone to my local land rover dealer and they claim they have no control over what cars they get.
    i.e. can't order what I want.

Basically the lady said they get a list of what and when they are getting cars for the year. they can not place an order for me.

is This TURE or FAULSE.

Does this go for all dealers? This is a pretty big dealing in Encino, CA

If someone else can requmend anywhere else that takes order.

Paying a premium price for a SUV you want to get what you want and not settle for what they have.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I think that's odd. Within the last month I have spoken to several dealers anxious to take an order. However, I know they are getting closer to the end of model year. They say that it is hard to get vehicles in stock. Maybe they don't think it is worth their time to special order one? I would try a different dealer.

Member #
    AM
    Evocurious,

Yha I thought it was funny also.

I also asked when the evoque 2012 was released they said October was the release month so should still have 6+ months left of this model.

Yha there are a small handful of other dealers out here a bit of a drive but this was the largest and closest to me. I may try and get ahold of the sales manager as well..

Just wasn't sure if this was standard in the states never bought a land rover before. If its not then I would look into other dealers but didn't want to waste my time if this is a standard thing with land rover.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Nope, I special ordered my Evoque Prestige 5-d last month. Delivery mid May. Hey- be sure to check out the "purchasing" thread!Good luck!Scott

Member #
    thanks for the reply.

So basically taking you 5 months to get your car?

Maybe thats what it is getting close to the new model by then.

Hum not sure if i care to wait 5 months. could do 2 but 5 is a long time..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    It's about 3.5- jan23-may8.

Member #
    Thomas,

I am also looking to buy a new Evoque Dynamic but the dealers here (San Francisco Bay area, California) are all to happy to take my $1k deposit and place my order. They say it will take about 3 months to receive the SUV with my specifications. I've been trying my hardest to get any kind of abatement from the MSRP so I've been working the internet sales people from Redwood City, Sacramento, Roseville & San Jose. All to no avail. I will probably try to hold out until the Summer and order one then unless a Black Dynamic presents itself before then.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanc View Post
    Thomas,

I am also looking to buy a new Evoque Dynamic but the dealers here (San Francisco Bay area, California) are all to happy to take my $1k deposit and place my order. They say it will take about 3 months to receive the SUV with my specifications. I've been trying my hardest to get any kind of abatement from the MSRP so I've been working the internet sales people from Redwood City, Sacramento, Roseville & San Jose. All to no avail. I will probably try to hold out until the Summer and order one then unless a Black Dynamic presents itself before then.

Bryanc,

Yha I am not to sure why the sales lady in Encino, CA told me they can not make special orders.

However I talked to the director of fleet in the land rover of Santa Monica, CA He stated they are really back ordered can take 5-6 months.
    But he would be happy to take the order for me.. Also deposit for Car is $500.

FYI: I am also looking at buying 2 of them one for my wife and one for myself and still having a hard time.

It's a hard call if you ask me 5-6 month... If you wait like 2 more 2013's will prob be coming out.

The director also stated even though I place and order if one happens to come in before that time he would be more than happy to sell me that car as well.
    So you not totally stuck..

FYI: I didn't know this but the trip on the boat alone is 28days to make it over here.

I'm not looking to purchase until March but if you hear of anything better please let me know. And I will do the same.

Member #
    I have a Fuji White/Ebony Evoque 3-door dynamic inbound in a week. Please PM if you are interested.
    Black roof/Shadow 20 inch wheels/Black headliner

Member #
    There is a order window that opens up once a month at Rover dealerships. If your dealer places your custom Evoque order during that order window, it will be 90-120 days until the car arrives at your home dealership. I've ordered 4 custom Evoques for clients, one showed up in 2.5 months and the longest wait that i have had is 100 days so far.

Ads