INSTALLED fog lights on my evoque, now for the wiring

This is a discussion on INSTALLED fog lights on my evoque, now for the wiring within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Well, picked up a set of fog lights from a friend that had a small scratch for less than 150(like brand new). removed the gray ...

Member #

Well, picked up a set of fog lights from a friend that had a small scratch for less than 150(like brand new). removed the gray fillers and installed them yesterday. entire process took about 3 hours. passengers side was a Mother effer! Pics are attached. NOw im going to have a electronic friend of mine wire them up for me. for the price i couldnt pass it up and makes a huge difference in look. almost like buying a aftermarket look like we all do for the exterior.

first i popped out wheel well molding with plastic trim tool so no scratches as u can see in pic.......then removed 1 screw holding the wheel well cover which sat under the molding.(look at pic #2 you will see screw under molding about 6 inches from bottom of truck) removed the 2 screws that you see holes for which made some type of sensor drop out attached to wire...do not disconnect..lay it to side as in pic.....look under bottom and you will see 1 screw holding wheel well cover, (unscrew it) then pull wheel well cover back and out from behind body , it sits about an inch behind body...pull gently and work it until its completely out. there is NO wiring in bumper for the lights FYI. reach in and push plastic grill looking pieces out by their tabs push tabs forward at an angle and these small pieces will drop out...for bottom small piece reach in and squeeze 2 tabs together and push forward...pops out...now you can see the 3 green holders that screws are attached to and holding gray filler.....you need and tiny ratchet set along with a star bit attached, unscrew all 3 star screws and boom! your out...install light and replace all screws and parts in reverse and your done...drivers side takes about 1 hour. do drivers side first so you can get an idea how it comes out because passengers side it twice as hard. space is a little tighter but works.
    PASSENGERS SIDE- have patience...pop moldings as you did on drivers side, remove screw under molding>>>do same exact steps as you did on drivers side.....NOW when you get wheel well cover spread your going to see the windshield washer fluid container half way in your way...a real pain in the A$$. look to the left of the container and you will see a silver screw holding container to body(remove it) it gives you the half inch or so play you need to get filler out and new light in. look into fender and you will see the 3 screws you need to remove from filler...this side the bottom screw is almost impossible to reach and remove. I just took a drill and carefully drilled out the screw from the front making sure to cover the body with masking tape and rags so no scratches. or take a needle nose vice grip and squeeze green plastic till it splits. remove filler gently. now install light gently. your going to have to move light around carefully to get it to fit into hole where it belongs...HAVE PATIENCE! it works as you can see. rescrew the top 2 screws into light. for the bottom screw which you split or drilled out i used a plastic expanding shield and installed it from the front going through the body and the tab hole on light then screwed the phillips screw in from the front expanding the shield and holding bottom perfectly tight...again, reinstall everything back carefully including screw for windshield washer tank!!!and your done for now......once i get my buddy to figure wiring i will open it up again and try to video it but for now its a nice upgrade. hope this helps....
    DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PATIENCE AND SOME SKILLS WITH TOOLS. need tiny ratchet, star screw bits, ratchet extensions,needle nose vise grip or drill with bits, stubby phillips screwdriver,regular screwdriver, rags to protect body and your arms from being scratched up...lol
    I HAVE NO IDEA WHY PICS ARE ROTATED IN SOME, I UPLOADED THEM CORRECTLY AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ROTATE THEM ON THIS POST. SORRY
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by jinx2898; 04-28-2013 at 07:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Looks great, I'm surprised the wires aren't already there, do a thorough check, the pigtails are likely secured to the chassis in there. The only thing you may have to worry about is that the headlight/foglight stalk.

Member #

Update

Did you get them wired? How hard was it to do? Any pictures of the wiring?

Ads