Center Console side panel in black?

This is a discussion on Center Console side panel in black? within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Does anyone know where I can get the silver side panel of the console in black ? Around how much does it cost?...

Member #

Does anyone know where I can get the silver side panel of the console in black ? Around how much does it cost?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by knight3136 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get the silver side panel of the console in black ? Around how much does it cost?
    You can go to the following site to see the choices of side panels and the prices. I have ordered from these folks. They are a Land Rover dealer that sells over the internet. Pretty good prices on OEM parts.

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Parts - Land Rover Parts Center - Call (800) 574-9217 for Genuine Land Rover Parts and Accessories

Member #
    You can always remove and have a shop paint it. That's what I had done last year. How to remove: . Here is what it looks like with my interior.Name:  ep2_zpsc14adf18.jpg
Views: 2129
Size:  158.9 KBName:  a13.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  428.8 KB
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    How much did it cost you to do it? Did it take long?

Rad
    Member #

Plastidip to "paint" trim?

Has anyone tried using the Plastidip method? The guys on YouTube make it look easy, and it is easily reversible. I'm thinking of experimenting. I just bought a 2013 Evoque that was a service loaner. Saved about 15% by letting someone else drive the first 3200 miles, but it seemed like a reasonable bargain. There are a few minor dents in the rails on the outside of the center console from careless people banging it with the seat belt latch. I may Plastidip those rails to see how it turns out. I'll post photos if it looks useful. Search "dip your car" in Youtube if you want to see some guys that appear to do it for a living in Florida. I'd love to hear if someone has tried this.

Member #
    PlastiDip is ok. I did it on my winter wheels which is currently on my car. Only thing with plastidip is it won't be shiny even if you use the metalizer or glossifier. I used the glossifier (3 cans) and the best it came out was satin black, no where near gloss shiny piano black. I wanted more of the shiny piano black look and so I decided to powder coat my summer wheels and keep my winter wheels with plasti dip. If you don't mind the flat black look then definintely plasti-dip is the way to go. You'll probably only need 1 can of plasti dip and 1 can of glosssifier if you want to make it more satin black. Great thing about plasti dip is you can remove it if you don't like it by just peeling it off. Here's plasti dip: Here is powder coating:
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Member #
    Funny been recently considering this for the Mrs. Evoque
    '13- Evoque (hers), 01 B5 S4- twin turbo (his), 07 D3 S8- V10 (his)

Member #
    Are the black parts made from painted aluminum or from resin? If painted, the underlying aluminum will still take dings.
    My dealer had the car for a water leak. Turned out to be the Aircon housing. In the process of replacing they dinged the two panels badly and both are being replaced. I will go with black if they are resin.

Ads