Jazzing up exterior trim???

This is a discussion on Jazzing up exterior trim??? within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi Everyone, New to the site. I just bought a 2014 Evoque Pure Plus. I just Plasti-coated the wheels in Anthrocite grey. However, my attempt ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hi Everyone, New to the site. I just bought a 2014 Evoque Pure Plus. I just Plasti-coated the wheels in Anthrocite grey. However, my attempt to Plasti-coat the side gril vent things didn't work out so well. Plasti-coat is a spray can color rubber- not paint but like paint. It comes in lots of colors and you can peel it off if and when you want to. I had a horrible time getting it to look smooth on the plastic trim. So, question is: WHERE can I buy a cover for the dull silvery coated piece (vent thing under the back of the hood/door). Also, I want to do something on the side molding , back hatch molding etc. Without going to a place to "wrap" those pieces, are there any places that sell something to jazz it up but not just chrome like most places seem to sell. I was wondering who you would all suggest in the US that has a good selection on line of exterior pieces. It's a 5 door by the way not the coupe. Thanks again.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    To do it properly, you'll have to paint the pieces. The tailgate trim that is Dark Atlas can be replaced by a black one from the Dynamic, as can the front grille (to Atlas or Santorini Black).

Member #
    let me know what you find out about the vents. I to want to try the plasti-dip as I did my rims as well. Seems like we have the same taste. i want the gray off my Fuji-white and replace all black colors instead.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hey HH, Mine is Fuji white also. The wheels in Anthrocite look pretty good. I did 5 coats. It was a real pain but the results are descent. It's winter here so I hope they hold up until spring. So I tried to paint the gray trim on that side front vent piece with a black base coat and then Metalizer dark blue/purple on that. It looked gorgeous BUT, it was impossible to tape it off and get exact results without it getting outside that gray area. IE I peeled it off and said screw it.It also wasn't spraying out of the can smoothly and that may have been because it was really too cold in my garage to be doing it. I found a guy who does car wrapping. He will do that trim pieces, roof outside of the panoramic glass, front and rear bumper gray area and gray side moldings for $625. I'm doing that this coming week. I'll post pics once it's done. PS. The army helicopter ambulance pic is cool!.

Member #
    Hey, i recently Plasti-dipped (or coated) my range rover letters on both the front and back, as well as both side vents, it worked perfectly and looks great on my black evoque!

Member #
    HI , How did you do the side vents. It may have just been too cold here, but did you tape them off , or take them off?. How many coats on the vents?. I had trouble when I took the tape off , it peeled off the coating.

Member #
    Hey! It wasn't too bad ( I kept the side vents on the truck), what i did was put painters tape around the the side vent, as well as inside in vent itself (didn't want to get plasti-dip in there), and i did 3 coats on each side, let it dry and took off the tape and the excess plasti-dip that was located around the side vent, and it was done!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by beraldo5 View Post
    Hey! It wasn't too bad ( I kept the side vents on the truck), what i did was put painters tape around the the side vent, as well as inside in vent itself (didn't want to get plasti-dip in there), and i did 3 coats on each side, let it dry and took off the tape and the excess plasti-dip that was located around the side vent, and it was done!
    Got any pics? I just did plasti-dipped my tires. Awesome! And easy to do. Now I want to black out the gray parts on the front grill and back bumper (underneath area).

Member #
    Hey HH, We had a big snowstorm. Going to bring the Evoque in Tomorrow Friday or Monday. The place is about 35 miles away and I have to leave it there for 2 days. As soon as it's done I'll post pics or send you pics.

Member #
    Sounds sweet! Ill take a few pics and upload them shortly!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads