D-ring receiver for 1 1/4" class II hitch?

This is a discussion on D-ring receiver for 1 1/4" class II hitch? within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have the official USA Evoque class II hitch receiver for my 2014 Prestige, and am looking for a d ring receiver hitch for it ...

Member #

I have the official USA Evoque class II hitch receiver for my 2014 Prestige, and am looking for a d ring receiver hitch for it in case I get stuck or have to recover someone else who may be stuck. Most all of these are for 2" receivers, not 1 1/4 inch ones. So any suggestions of where to order one?

Secondly, am I being reasonable about this or is this inappropriate somehow? I did buy a nylon recovery strap, and I'll be in a rural area with lots of snow in the winter. It just seems better than using the rear recovery point, especially if I have to help pull someone's else's car out.

-- Paul

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I would go to a auto-parts store and buy a 1.25" hitch bar and then find a shackle to fit the hole. Crosby brand shackles are top quality and are what your looking for but beware that there are lots of cheap imported ones that look good but should never be trusted. A good shackle with a 5/8" pin should be more than strong enough and should fit the hole. The best trick with shackles is to never tighten the threaded pin all the way. turn till its stops then turn it back a 1/4 turn. If you have a farmers coop nearby, I'll bet you can get the shackle and bar there.

Ads