Remote Close Tailagte Videos Posted

This is a discussion on Remote Close Tailagte Videos Posted within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have been building these modules for the forum members for a few months now, and finally figured out how to post videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pio4S8FXD7I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9A_zd0ihqk...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

I have been building these modules for the forum members for a few months now, and finally figured out how to post videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pio4S8FXD7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9A_zd0ihqk
    2014 Pure Plus, Fuji White with Almond/Expresso. Climate Comfort and Navigation Packages.
    Trim painted black. Black 20x10 Wheels with custom center caps. Michelin 275-45 All-season tires.
    Tinted windows. HID headlights, Curt hitch and wiring. Black Range Rover badges.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    How much and what's the install like?

Member #
    Email me at [email protected] and I will reply with the installation instructions attached.The module has been taking people about 10-15 minutes to install.You just stick it in place with it's 3M tape and plug the three wires into taps that squeeze onto the existing wiring.I have been selling them to forum members for $105 inside the US, and $115 outside the country.
    2014 Pure Plus, Fuji White with Almond/Expresso. Climate Comfort and Navigation Packages.
    Trim painted black. Black 20x10 Wheels with custom center caps. Michelin 275-45 All-season tires.
    Tinted windows. HID headlights, Curt hitch and wiring. Black Range Rover badges.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Bumping and oldish thread... I couldn't remember if Doug posted over here until I searched and found this thread.

I purchased and just installed one of the remote tailgate modules. Great addition. Quick, easy, install.

Member #
    Now that has me interested!

Member #
    Have used this mod numerous times. Well worth it. We use it when we pick up the kids from school: open the hatch, backpacks go in the back, kids in the seat. Press the button and the hatch closes without leaving the car. Hands full of groceries, hit the button on the remote when you get in the house and close the hatch without having to go back outside.

Member #
    Just ordered it. Seems logical. Very annoying having to get out to close esp if you hit button etc.
    The closing part when unloading is key esp at below zero with 50mph winds (happens all the time in Maine). That extra trip out to close up really S$$ks.

Member #
    Came in 3 days. Installed it last night. Seamless install and the way they all should be. THANK YOU ROB!!! This is a MUST have option. As it may be rainy in Maine it will be useful immediately!!

By chance, does this module work in other vehicles? I have a 2011 X5 that I would love to have this mod!!
    Last edited by ddsski; 06-18-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Member #
    I too have this excellent, inexpensive and easy to install upgrade from Doug. He stands behind his product and was very responsive when I had a question. Should have came that way from the factory (like most other current 5 doors).

Doug, going to challenge you on coming up with the necessary electronics to install a rear hatch activation sensor so it opens as you approach with an arm full of packages, (you would need to have the keyless entry fob option and have the key in your pocket of course), ...Ford has had this feature out for a number of years so It can't be that difficult or expensive...or can it?

Member #
    With Ford you waive your foot under the rear hatch to open. Hyundai has one now that just opens when you stand near the rear with the key fob on you, which is a bad idea because you don't necessarily always want it to open just because you're standing near the rear of the vehicle! Duh!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads