Arabic writing on wing mirror

This is a discussion on Arabic writing on wing mirror within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I had my wing mirror replaced at the land rover dealer where I bought my Evoque. When picking it up I noticed foreign writing on ...

Member #

I had my wing mirror replaced at the land rover dealer where I bought my Evoque. When picking it up I noticed foreign writing on the bottom of the mirror. It is clearly visible. When I questioned them they said that's how they come now! I thought it was strange and looked into it as I didn't know what it said. Turns out it states "objects in the mirror may appear smaller than they are" in Arabic. Has anyone else come across this ? I have emailed land rover customer services too as I am not happy with the explanation I got at the dealer.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I just went out and looked at the mirror on my MY2013 Evoque Coupe. The writing on my mirror is in english and says "OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR". To have a warning
    on a mirror, in a language other than that of the country where the vehicle is sold, doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm in the US, what country are you in?

Member #
    I'm in the uk and on the original mirror there was no warning! It's a 63 plate.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    A 63 plate would make your Evoque a MY2013 or MY2014 correct? In the US we have a very litigious culture, which I personally don't agree with. Manufactures put an over abundance of
    warning labels on everything. I was in California several years back, and stopped to put gas in my rental car. There was a sign on the gas pump that read "Do not drink". I often wonder if foreign
    tourists see something like this, go back home and tell their friends and family, that Americans are so dumb, they have to tell them to not drink gasoline!

Being in the UK, I guess I'm not surprised your original mirror didn't have a warning label on it.

Member #
    Obviously the dealer wasn't paying attention, but where did they get the mirror? Apparently not in the UK!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    A 63 plate would make your Evoque a MY2013 or MY2014 correct? In the US we have a very litigious culture, which I personally don't agree with. Manufactures put an over abundance of
    warning labels on everything. I was in California several years back, and stopped to put gas in my rental car. There was a sign on the gas pump that read "Do not drink". I often wonder if foreign
    tourists see something like this, go back home and tell their friends and family, that Americans are so dumb, they have to tell them to not drink gasoline!

Being in the UK, I guess I'm not surprised your original mirror didn't have a warning label on it.
    Not originally from California, but been here since the late 70's and never seen that warning. It was probably a joke. Mine is a 2013 and ir says the usual warning in English. So, it sounds like tha warning is not required in the UK, but in the UAE?

Ads