Installed!

Installed!

This is a discussion on Installed! within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Was able to install some accessories this past weekend. I ordered the side steps and door sill plates about a day after we got the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Installed!

Member #

Installed!

Was able to install some accessories this past weekend. I ordered the side steps and door sill plates about a day after we got the car. They were delivered the following week. I installed them this past weekend. I was also able to install both the front and rear mudflaps. I think they add beautiful lines to the car.

Only a few weeks into owning this car and I still have no complaints. Keep finding new things on it that confirm that we made a great purchase! Crappy cell phone pics attached.

Name:  IMG_1339.JPG
Views: 1533
Size:  255.2 KBName:  IMG_1340.JPG
Views: 3916
Size:  287.7 KBName:  IMG_1342.JPG
Views: 1522
Size:  359.2 KB

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Very nice. Too bad these items aren't made for the dynamic trims I believe.

Member #
    Visually, I don't think the side step works. The bright edge of the step brings the eye too low, changing the visual proportions. Perhaps if the edge of the step was black... The blue paint is beautiful! Congrats on the new rig!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    Visually, I don't think the side step works. The bright edge of the step brings the eye too low, changing the visual proportions. Perhaps if the edge of the step was black... The blue paint is beautiful! Congrats on the new rig!
    I agree, the side steps dont visually work with the body design making the car extend too low, with the result that this area looses its design integration with the rest of the car. The Evoque is near perfect as it is (especially the coupe.) Anything additional easily upsets this. Im a graphic and product designer so Im always with an opinion about these things.

Do the steps reduce ground clearance? Do they help with entering and exiting the car? I wish that the Evoque had a grab handle in the A pillar area or above the front side windows to help with entry/exit as other SUVs and pickups do. Since this is the area for side airbags I assume the airbags prevent this feature. Sad signs of getting older as it becomes less easy to enter and exit my car. Although not nearly as hard as shoe-horning myself into my 57 MGA.

Member #
    This is why I love cars. They are like pieces of art. Everyone can look at the same thing but see something completely different. For instance, I can't stand the front end on the new 2016. My wife can't stand the rear end on the Dynamic. My theory is as long as you are happy with the end result, that's what matters. And I am extremely happy. If nothing else, I have an Evoque that is different than most others out there.

If you are interested, these are made for the Dynamic and I believe the side trim can be ordered in a darker color if you wish. The detail color on the step itself can also be changed...red, yellow, etc. I will say that if nothing else, these will help me reach the roof when cleaning the car. And also help when entering the vehicle when parked next to a puddle or over snow or mud. They don't take away from ground clearance any more than the mud flaps do...less actually. Not that I plan to take her off road or anything.

I envy you with the '57 MGA! Great little car. My dad used to have one. He's wishing he still had it...and so do I.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Rvermill,

I agree with everything you've said. The bottom line is, only you, and your wife of course, have to like the looks of your additions. I too think the mud guards add a lot to the looks.
    I added them to my Evoque Coupe.

Enjoy your new ride!

Member #
    Love that Lorie Blue!! Color I wanted but couldn't find anywhere! I ended up with Santorini (aka Ford Tuxedo) Black. Not a bad color but your blue just makes the Evoque "POP"! Mud flaps look better than I expected, not a fan of the side steps but to each our own, thanks for sharing, much appreciated!!

Member #
    Haha...too funny. We had the same issue. We loved the idea of the blue but we couldn't find one anywhere either. We ordered sight unseen hoping the color would turn out. Thankfully the blue is just the perfect shade. We were torn between Aintree Green, Lorie Blue or Santorini. I think you made a good choice so no worries there. There really isn't a bad color on these cars...except for any color that your spouse may not like.

Member #
    rvermill,

Were those O.E.M. mud flaps or aftermarket?
    Really dig that Lorie blue, btw.
    Absolutely stunning!

Member #
    Santorini is my second choice, your blue is the best great color and it makes the gloss black window and roof trim pop! Next time I'm going to be more patient and order EXACTLY what I want. I have the 2015 Prestige and the interior is the Espresso/Ivory combo, that looks great with the Santorini black...so that's helps me live with the Santorini. Still that Lorie Blue is stunning!! Enjoy your Evoque, just ordered the Sprint Booster for mine...but that's a whole different story

Quote Originally Posted by rvermill View Post
    Haha...too funny. We had the same issue. We loved the idea of the blue but we couldn't find one anywhere either. We ordered sight unseen hoping the color would turn out. Thankfully the blue is just the perfect shade. We were torn between Aintree Green, Lorie Blue or Santorini. I think you made a good choice so no worries there. There really isn't a bad color on these cars...except for any color that your spouse may not like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads