Steering wheel

Steering wheel

This is a discussion on Steering wheel within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Just got hold of my new range rover evoque and I'm loving it so far. The interior is of a high level for the most ...

Thread: Steering wheel

Member #

Steering wheel

Just got hold of my new range rover evoque and I'm loving it so far. The interior is of a high level for the most part and the cheaper made parts are not really that noticeable for me. But there is an exception, the steering wheel.

The feel of the wheel is good but the center of the steering wheel where the horn press is, is made of plastic and it looks and feels cheap.

Did any trims such as the autobiography model get leather steering wheel center? Or anyone know how this can be done aftermarket?

For reference I'm British but live in China where I bought my evoque. I believe it is the equivalent of the dynamic trim

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm wondering if maybe it's because there's an airbag in there so it's not as robust? Just a guess...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by flhtcui1995 View Post
    I'm wondering if maybe it's because there's an airbag in there so it's not as robust? Just a guess...
    My mates Maserati QP has leather (or leather-like material) on the center of the steering wheel so it's probably a cost saving decision not a safety decision

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The evoke is bargain basement range rover, so not surprising it has a standard steering wheel. The autobiography interior is pretty much identical to regular prestige evoque. The only difference is the awesome jaguar seats.

The new range rover sport does have a leather trimmed steering wheel that you could try to fit the evoke with some electrical work.
    http://image.automotive.com/f/ofthey...g-wheeljpg.jpg

Ads