Repaint Front and Rear Bumper

This is a discussion on Repaint Front and Rear Bumper within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So I had a few minor things done lately. * Front bull bar painted silver and the lower part black. * Rear bumper above the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Repaint Front and Rear Bumper

Member #

So I had a few minor things done lately.

* Front bull bar painted silver and the lower part black.
    * Rear bumper above the diffusor sliver and the diffusor itself black.
    * Larger diameter exhaust tips (from other post).
    * Painted calipers
    * Rear tailgate blade below the letters painted black
    * Installed blinking 3rd brakelight module

Here are some pics:

Here is a vid of the blinking 3rd brakelight. The module was only $25 so I had the shop installed also: IMG_5060.mp4 video by lionheadxkr08 - Photobucket

Only thing left I'm waiting for are the wheels which are delayed until the week of March 19th.
    dascrow likes this.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The painted brake calipers look great! That combined with the other painted body pieces certainly adds more of an agressive sporty look to the vehicle.

What wheels did you go with? Are you going to keep the stock tires?

Member #
    very nice I'm liking the painted brakes also! And that third brake light reminds me of my old civic hatch from highschool.
    and it looks very good, can't really tell it's a prestiege anymore.
    OP are you going to keep the chrome trims? I figured you'd black that stuff out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks guys!

Delta: I am going to keep the brush aluminum trim. My jag was all blacked out and so I'd figured I would keep the aluminum trim on the RRE so it's alittle different than the Jag....at least that the plan for now....LOL.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg

Member #
    Lionhead,
    I wish there was a shop that I could work closely with up here. A lot of the shops I deal with won't do mods specific to what I want. Dunno if they're lazy or what.

On a side note: have you tried the XKR-S 2012? (Nice Jaaaaaaaaag by the way). When I was waiting for my car to be brought in from the back, they only let me sit in it. LOL.

Member #
    The '12 XKRS is a sweet car with 550HP. Many XKR owners think the front end is too boy racer but I personally like it better than the standard XKR. Only thing I wished it had was better performance numbers for $130K+. The 911 Turbo, GTR, ZR1 will beat it easily in performance although they say it's still a "GT" car.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONHEAD View Post
    The '12 XKRS is a sweet car with 550HP. Many XKR owners think the front end is too boy racer but I personally like it better than the standard XKR. Only thing I wished it had was better performance numbers for $130K+. The 911 Turbo, GTR, ZR1 will beat it easily in performance although they say it's still a "GT" car.
    I kinda like the front end though, I agree, that it's a GT car first and foremost vs a street legal race car. The 911 Turbo is not really a GT car, nor are the GTR, or ZR1. I love the 911 Turbo but there are a ton of them around. ZR1's and GTR's are more rare where I'm from but they don't have that driving passion I think. One is a video game made real (GTR) and the other is a sleek muscle car. I don't like the plastic bits on the ZR1 but that engine is pure hawt. The GTR Alpha 12 = monster in a straight line, and for the mod it's the best bang for the buck.

But if you like comfortable cruising then go with a GT car which the XK is better for. The CX16 will be an awesome GT car hopefully JLR brings it to North America.

Lionhead have you had any major issues with your XKR?

Member #
    I just wished the 991 was alittle more radical. Went to the launch event here last month and it was alittle tame. I know they have to keep the PCar faithful and retain the overall shape but wish it would have been more exotic/radical. Defintely the ZR1's materials aren't up to par (especially the interior) but the performance numbers and power are up there with the best. I had a C5 Corvette in the past and mod it with Stage II head and cam and also bought a ATI P1SC supercharger and it a great but quality was lacking. Wouldn't do another Vette again unless the C7 will blow me away. GTR is no doubt a beast. My friend lives 2 blocks away from AMS (who makes the Alpha 12) in Wayne, IL and whenever I go there, I sometimes hear them test cars down the main street by my friend on Powis and Smith Rd. Just not a fan of the looks of the GTR though. I'm hoping to trade in the Jaguar for the redesigned 2014 Audi R8 once it's released. Hopefully it will look exotic still with S-Tronic tranny.

I've had the XKR for 4 years now and bought it new at the time. Only some minor problems which includes electronic gremlins (screen freezes 3 times total). Even with mods on it, it's been a reliable car although I don't drive it much as I only have 8.5k miles on it over 4 years.

Member #
    That is Awesome that you can hear them testing the GTR's as your friend lives near AMS. I agree the GTR is just that... a beast. The way it looks reminds me of a sleeping monster but it's not pretty at all. I think it looks too boxy and the 911 is a lot more refined than before but the shape is still the same. I really like the R8 but I don't like that contrast fender just not for me. If the XKR hasn't given you that many problems that's surprisingly good then as the XKR forums I've visited mention a lot of issues. mostly electrical though.

Member #
    I only saw 1 GTR testing but mostly EVOs. I actually had one of my friends call them a month ago to see if they can tune Evoques as they advise they can do any turbo cars......but they said it's too new....LOL.

I defintely don't like the R8 Coupe with the side blade. I was actually looking at some R8 V10 Roadsters this past summer but when I found out the '14 will be redesign which means hopefully release end of next year release, I decided to wait.

BTW...the CX16 will be coming.....might put a dent on XKs sales. It does look sweet. Hopefully the new XK will follow the design cues of the CX16 a year after the CX16 comes out.

Only problems I've had with my XKR was: auxillary motor went bad on my way home from purchasing the car new....didn't even make it home as I had to turn back to the dealer. Locked screens, check engine due to gas cap, battery died due to sitting for a short time, auxillary pulley belt needed replacement as it was starting to squeal during startup and a high pitch squealing noise coming from the A/C in which the dealer heard it but wouldn't do anything about because it wasn't that bad eventhough there is a TSB on it. Now that my warranty is up, I won't be able to fix it under warranty. Other than that no problems with the engine or tranny.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads