Evoque Forums banner

Dealer can't resolve message issue

21K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  pureplus 
#1 ·
We once turned off the engine while the gear knob was still in D. Next time a message showed saying" Transmission fault, select Park before engine stop".
Message sometimes goes away by pressing OK, sometimes it doesn't so we have to turn off engine, restart the car right away and most often it goes away.
This has been going on for months now.
At first, dealer said they reset the software, message was gone for a day or two but came back.
Next time, the dealer said he identified a faulty sensor which was changed. This worked again for a couple of days but message came back.

Dealer has now asked me to leave the car for 3-4 days so they can look more into it.

I should mention that other than this message, the car runs perfectly.

Any ideas how to get the message to stop showing?

Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
I had this error. The dealer also couldn’t solve it. Fortunately the internet could. There is a small battery located behind the glove box on left hand drive cars. Just need to pull 3 clips and remove a felt panel. The battery is a PS 1212. Cost me $23 Canadian at a battery shop. Maybe 10 minutes to swap out. Error gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.