How far can the back of an Evoque be in the water? (Launching boat)

This is a discussion on How far can the back of an Evoque be in the water? (Launching boat) within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I'm planning to tow my boat with my 2013 Pure evoque. As far as I'm aware, the car can go 20" deep through water, but ...

Member #

I'm planning to tow my boat with my 2013 Pure evoque. As far as I'm aware, the car can go 20" deep through water, but what about just the back? When I launch the boat using my previous vehicle/truck, half of the back tire is in the water, but my truck tires are also much much farther away from the hitch receiver. On the RR evoque, the back tires are practically right near the back of the car.

So so my question is, how far can I back my Evoque into water? It's usually takes me about 2-5 minutes to get the boat on the trailer when coming back in (launching only takes 30 seconds).

Worst case scenario, I can modify my trailer so I can extend the length of the tongue for launching purposes only (not driving).

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I've had the exhaust tips and surrounding plastic back end under water when launching my ski. No issues after doing it at least 20 times. The wheels were wet but not half covered.

Ads