Switching wheels around delivery

This is a discussion on Switching wheels around delivery within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I originally did not want to spend the money on the 20" style 6 wheels. I changed my mind, but now it is too late ...

Member #

I originally did not want to spend the money on the 20" style 6 wheels. I changed my mind, but now it is too late to change my order, as the car is on its way across the pond most likely. Has anyone run across this? Do most dealers keep these wheels in stock to your knowledge? I assume I could keep the 19" wheels for use with winter tires, but I would then be buying new tires for the 20"s, new winter tires, and have to sell the Contis that come on the 19"s. Seems like a hassle and a waste of the stock tires. Ideas anyone?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My dealer refuses to switch wheels but will gladly sell me a wheel/tire set for around $5500. Keep us posted on what deals you can get on the 20s.

Member #
    Yeah, I think that's what they'll say. Don't think I'd do that! But I'll let you know what they say.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Ok, here's the deal. A different LR dealer-in the Chicago Area (who has posted a bunch on this forum in the Classified folder) has been absolutely great to work with. I ordered roof rails, finishers, sport pedals, all-season mats and mudflaps, all from him and shipped to my house in Minneapolis for ~55-70% of list price, and for a total bill of $40 shipping. Took 2d to get things from the order to arrival.

Regarding wheels, he will sell me the Style 6 20's I want for $2660 for 4 wheels (rims only) plus $70 per wheel for the TPMS. He is working on a price for tires cheaper than what I can get from tire rack. Hoping I can save the original 19's for use with Blizzaks, and have emailed my own dealer about crediting me for the price of the all season Conti's. Hoping to get the whole thing done for under $3400.

Last edited by Evocurious; 04-11-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Member #
    it depend on the dealer.. One dealer will not switch the wheels but the other dealer I went to was willing to switch the wheels if i purchase the car with them which I did...

Member #
    I originally did not want to spend 20 "style six wheels on the money, I changed my mind, but now it was too late to change my order the car in its entire pond is the most likely. Thereencountered? most dealers keep the wheels of knowledge, these stocks?

Member #
    I am having a tough time interpreting your questions....I think what you are asking is "will a dealer trade in the wheels that come on your car and keep the old ones for there stock?" or possibly "Does the dealer have wheels available in stock for purchase?"

I think you would have to ask your own dealer these questions. They are unlikely to accept the tires back, since they are technically "used" once they are mounted, and they are liable for damage.The Continental tire company will not honor a warranty once they have been dismounted from the original rims. LR is doing well enough that they seem unwilling to trade wheels if it means no big bonus for them. I ended up selling the tires on Craig's list, and keeping the OEM rims for winter tires. It sounds like that is your best bet if you want to go from 19" to 20" rims. If you have no use for the rims, I think you are stuck selling those yourself, too.

Ads