Installing Towing Package for our Evoque

This is a discussion on Installing Towing Package for our Evoque within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello Everyone! I am about to start on installing the very expensive tow package we received from Range Rover for our Evoque. We actually negotiated ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Installing Towing Package for our Evoque

Member #

Hello Everyone! I am about to start on installing the very expensive tow package we received from Range Rover for our Evoque. We actually negotiated the final price with throwing in the entire tow package. But anyway, I just opened the package and not to my surprise the instructions have very poor pictures and no written instructions at all. After dis-ciphering the pictures I realized they need to have booth the bumper and the heat shield cut away so that there is clearance for the hitch. There is a template to do the cutaway so I am sort of ok with that except there is no instructions on removing the rear bumper. Can anyone assist in telling me where are all the hidden bolts and trim pieces I need to remove so that I can do this without damaging the truck. Thanks for all your help! Lawrence

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    While the instructions Rover supplies are difficult to decipher they usually are complete. They probably want you to modify the bumper while it is still on the car

Member #

Hitch install

When I bought my Evoque I was set back by the $1300.00 price to have the dealer install a hitch. So I went to install a hitch I sourced online the other day and I can confirm what the OP said, the instructions are poorly written. They are also very inaccurate. First off the dimensions on the template are just plain wrong the 141mm dimension, measures 130 see picture.
    Name:  IMG_0691.JPG
Views: 8392
Size:  72.4 KB

Secondly you will have to remove the entire rear bumper cover which appears to be both glued and plastic welded so I was reluctant to start busting apart further. The cryptic instruction shown in the next photo is in Step 2. Notice the image of a book and the arrows that show the whole cover coming off. What I realized is that the instructions are telling me to consult another book for steps on removing the cover.
    Name:  IMG_0679.JPG
Views: 8369
Size:  82.2 KB

So the end result is that I have an appointment at the dealer and will pay the 3 hours labor to have the install the hitch. The wiring harness can be sourced online for $285.00 and from the looks of the 2 plastic plugs, I'll install it myself. And the draw-bar with a 2" ball was less than $50.00 at Autozone.

So in my effort to Do It Myself, I'll save a little money, but all in all you may want to have the dealer do this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dogscout; 07-22-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: picture

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I had the dealer install the hitch for $738 tax included.

Member #
    Jettie; that sounds like a summ of the parts prices for the 3 pieces (hitch, draw-bar and electrics) Good for you.

Member #
    Mine came with that option, and given the amount of space in the Evoque, it will be used. I've been shopping for a small trailer...anyone have experience with sourcing a small utility trailer? Yakima has one the will enable me to mount my Skybox 16 and a couple of bikes, but they want an arm and a leg for it. Furthermore, Yakima hasn't tested the Evoque yet, so they have no roof rack/sky box recommendations to date.

Member #
    Any pictures of an installed tow hitch?

Member #
    ITs ugly, sticks out to much compared to the UK hitches. I suspect that this one is US DOT approved.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 10233
Size:  939.2 KB

Member #
    I paid 1.4K for roof rail n tow hitch from dearler...n now need to install electric...for $$$$$ ㅠㅠName:  evoque 001.jpg
Views: 17495
Size:  1.01 MBName:  evoque 002.jpg
Views: 17914
Size:  993.4 KBName:  evoque 003.jpg
Views: 13340
Size:  1,002.3 KB

Member #
    for rdwarur.. chk prolineracks.com for trailer...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads