Rear Driver-Side Speaker Popping Noise (2013 Evoque Premium)

This is a discussion on Rear Driver-Side Speaker Popping Noise (2013 Evoque Premium) within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello All, As the title states, the rear driver-side tweeter on my 2013 Evoque Premium seems to have some sort of cracking/popping noise coming out ...

Member #

Hello All,

As the title states, the rear driver-side tweeter on my 2013 Evoque Premium seems to have some sort of cracking/popping noise coming out intermittently. It doesn't seem to matter if the audio system is on or off. It seems to happen every 15-20 seconds or sometimes even quicker. I took it in to the L/R dealer and of course they weren't able to replicate the issue. Which, to me, is fair because I think it's something that is more noticeable over time in driving lengthy distances. And it's also most noticeable for the driver specifically. The L/R dealer tried a few other things claiming it was the door seals or something. But as a former audiophile, I know when a speaker is exhibiting interference/channel noise versus that of ambient road noise. I even paid extra to have the dealer replace the speaker outright. Which still didn't help as the problem persists. Which in my opinion, tells me that there's possibly some sort of issue with that particular sound system audio channel.

My question is, without having to involve the dealer yet again, how difficult would it be to access the speaker wiring and simply disable that particular tweeter? It's annoying enough to me that I'm willing to put in a little effort to attempt this if it doesn't involve completely dismantling the door. I've been researching online for some how-to instructions regarding this but coming up empty-handed. Any suggestions and/or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Update on this issue. Might end up either taking the vehicle to Best Buy to get their analysis on the issue or I might just attempt to access the speaker myself and disconnect the wiring. I found this method which I think is pretty applicable:

https://www.tintdude.com/forum/topic...-instructions/

Ads