Rear privacy screen?

Rear privacy screen?

This is a discussion on Rear privacy screen? within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I recently took delivery of a 2012 Evoque from a dealership. I didn't notice that my vehicle lacked a cover over the (rear) baggage compartment. ...

Member #

Rear privacy screen?

I recently took delivery of a 2012 Evoque from a dealership. I didn't notice that my vehicle lacked a cover over the (rear) baggage compartment. All of the other cars I've owned typically had some sort of view limiting device for the rear "trunk" area. Could you tell me if this is original equipment on the Evoque? Perhaps the rear view limiting shade of my vehicle had been misplaced or lost.

In advance...Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

As far as I know ALL Evoques come standard with a rear cargo cover (Land Rover terminology) , or what I would call a parcel shelf.

Have a look at this Land Rover parts diagram: https://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...iagram=7125640

Member #
    Ah yes, rsquared. You can't tell the players w/o a score card. Helpful!

Another squawk we had w/ our "new" Evoque was the lack of rear window washer fluid coming out. We know the reservoir in the engine compartment is full and the front windshield washers work. I looked in our owners manual and found a page reference for a rear window washer, but when I went to that page, there was nothing about a rear window washer. LOL.

I seriously doubt this vehicle lacks a rear washer. Perhaps there's a rear washer fluid reservoir which is empty? If so where is it located? More likely is that our rear nozzle is plugged, or the motor is broken.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    If you have a rear washer, which I would expect, there should be a chrome button on the end of windshield wiper stalk, that you push in to activate the washer. There have been some posts on the UK Evoque forum of the rear washer not working. There is only one washer motor. It rotates in one direction to send fluid to the windshield, and is reversed to send fluid to the rear window. I posted a detailed write up of the electrical operation on the UK Evoque forum. You can read up on rear washer problems at the link below. Just a heads up, it is a real chore to get at the windshield washer bottle. It is behind the inner fender liner on the right side of the car.

Take a look at the posts here: rear washer not working - Range Rover Evoque Forums

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    If you have a rear washer, which I would expect, there should be a chrome button on the end of windshield wiper stalk, that you push in to activate the washer. There have been some posts on the UK Evoque forum of the rear washer not working. There is only one washer motor. It rotates in one direction to send fluid to the windshield, and is reversed to send fluid to the rear window. I posted a detailed write up of the electrical operation on the UK Evoque forum. You can read up on rear washer problems at the link below. Just a heads up, it is a real chore to get at the windshield washer bottle. It is behind the inner fender liner on the right side of the car.

Take a look at the posts here: rear washer not working - Range Rover Evoque Forums
    Thanks. I will eventually get to read that involved post. But for now could you answer this question: Is it necessary to manually fill that windshield washer bottle behind the fender liner in order for the wiper to dispense washer fluid?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Not sure I completely understand your question. The windshield washer bottle can easily be filled just by raising the bonnet, opening the top, and pouring in the washer fluid. If you have to get at the washer motor, or the hoses that go from the pump motor to the front and rear washer jets, then the inner fender liner has to be removed. This would only be required for a repair.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Not sure I completely understand your question. The windshield washer bottle can easily be filled just by raising the bonnet, opening the top, and pouring in the washer fluid. If you have to get at the washer motor, or the hoses that go from the pump motor to the front and rear washer jets, then the inner fender liner has to be removed. This would only be required for a repair.
    When you wrote this:
    Just a heads up, it is a real chore to get at the windshield washer bottle. It is behind the inner fender liner on the right side of the car, I misunderstood you were referring to a bottle at the rear of the car...which I thought had to be filled in addition to the reservoir in the front.

Ads