Best Winter Tires for the Evoque

This is a discussion on Best Winter Tires for the Evoque within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Anyone have an opinion? I'm looking for some that will last a while (I realize Winter tires aren't made to last several seasons, but I ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Anyone have an opinion? I'm looking for some that will last a while (I realize Winter tires aren't made to last several seasons, but I drive a lot, and hell, this is Minnesota).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    According to me winter tires are best for you to go with and if you for winter tires you have to drive a lot(...this is Minnesota)so, better go for winter tires.

Member #
    Not sure if they come in the right sizes or not but the bridgestone blizzaks always have good reviews.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by infinus View Post
    Not sure if they come in the right sizes or not but the bridgestone blizzaks always have good reviews.
    Yeah, that's my first choice so far...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Yeah, that's my first choice so far...
    However being from az I can't give any real input from a personal perspective lol
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #

Member #
    On other vehicles I have run Pirellis and Michelins -- both excellent, I have also heard good things about the blizzaks - I would go with any of these brands

Member #
    I've been through many snow tires on my cars through the years and I've found that Blizzaks are highly overrated and overpriced. The best set I've ever had was a set of Yoko Snow 17's on my old Mitsubishi Evo 9. They stuck like glue. I got an Evo X and the Blizzak 18's were my only option at the time. I was incredibly underwhelmed with their performance and lifespan. I now have a set of Yoko W-drives on the Evo X and they not only outperform the Bliz but they are much better on dry highway and their treadwear is substantially less. Highly recommended.

Member #
    I'm running Pirelli Scorption Ice/Snow, and there is not much that I have not been able to plow through yet this winter. I was looking at the Nokian's, but they are changing the Hakka R's into Hakka R2's next year which makes availability an issue (especially for the 19"). Vredenstein (spelling?) also get great reviews, but they are hard to find and very expensive. I've had a bad experience with Michelin's winter tire, and Blizzak's are overrated. The reason that I bring up availability as an important factor is that (without buying an extra tire to sit in your garage) if you slice one open while driving, you can be waiting for over a month if your size is on back order. Around here, my dealer and a local tire shop verified that they have no problem getting this particular Pirelli in my size... and, since the reviews were good, I pulled the trigger on them.

Member #
    I've had Continental ExtremeContact DWS on my past two Evoque-sized vehicles. Great all-season tyre and surprisingly good on ice and snow given that they ARE all-season and not winter-specific. Good grip in the wet. Good grip in the dry and not too noisy. They don't wear too quickly either unlike dedicated winter tyres which are noisy AND wear quick once you start running them on dry roads.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads