Cargo net for the trunk

Cargo net for the trunk

This is a discussion on Cargo net for the trunk within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So I'm looking for a cargo net for the trunk area. I asked Land Rover what they're charging for the OEM version and nearly had ...

Member #

Cargo net for the trunk

So I'm looking for a cargo net for the trunk area. I asked Land Rover what they're charging for the OEM version and nearly had a coronary when they quoted me over $170. I laughed and told the parts guy I'd use the $15 bungee cord net from my motorcycle. (He laughed, too.) So I've been poking around on the interwebs and found this one on Amazon. Is anyone else using this? Does anyone else have alternate solutions before I pull the trigger? Thanks.
    2013 Evoque: Santorini w/ Ebony, Xenon pkg, Cold Climate pkg, & Park Assist
    2004 Honda VFR800A Interceptor in Asphalt, ABS brakes, Power Commander, Speedo Healer

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    At some point I thought I would benefit from a net so I found one of the LR brand nets on eBay easily for about $30 new and bought it. Here's a search string I would suggest using:

(evoque,land rover,range rover) net

If you search on this 140896509962 I believe this is what I picked up but it was a little cheaper a few months back. Now all that said, I have yet to use the net and here it sits someplace where I can't even find it. Plus its a little big and and I don't think it was elastic.

The one you pointed to on Amazon seems a bit big too with that 45 inch dimension.

I did splurge and bought a LR collapsible cargo carrier box for about $100 at the dealership and I use the heck out of that. I can put stuff in that and it doesn't slide all over the floor back there.

Member #

Cargo Net for Range Rover Evoque

Here's my alternative solution to the expensive dealer's cargo net. Powertye Mfg. Net Cargo Adj Bk 15"X30" 50302 $16.95 Amazon.com. (4) Klean Kanteen S-biner Caribiner for Loop Cap Waterbottles (#3 Type) $7.26 ea. Amazon.com - not necessary as the net comes with plastic hooks but they look nice. Works well for hauling water mellon. Photo shows Weather Tech cargo liner.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by mstraka; 08-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I just received the same cargo net as in the picture above. How did you get it to stretch out like that? Mine looks to be half that size and more rectangular. Your picture makes it look square. Or are your anchor mounts closer together? I have the dealer cargo liner so there is no room to move the anchors up or down (which is somewhat of a joke because the liner can barely sit flat).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HH60M View Post
    I just received the same cargo net as in the picture above. How did you get it to stretch out like that? Mine looks to be half that size and more rectangular. Your picture makes it look square. Or are your anchor mounts closer together? I have the dealer cargo liner so there is no room to move the anchors up or down (which is somewhat of a joke because the liner can barely sit flat).
    My cargo net is 15"x 30" and it stretches just slightly attaching to and using the "S" clips that I described. I haven't moved the anchors position. My WeatherTech liner has cut outs (you have to cut them out) that are large enough to allow the OEM chrome hooks to rotate 180 degrees forward to rearward.

Ads