Flexible Loadspace Protector

This is a discussion on Flexible Loadspace Protector within the Evoque Accessories forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I just purchased this from the dealer and installed it in about 30 minutes. It fits well but there is one thing I dont like ...

Member #

I just purchased this from the dealer and installed it in about 30 minutes. It fits well but there is one thing I dont like about it that wasnt clear from the pic in the brochure. Its not designed to be installed in just the rear cargo area. It covers the entire cargo area and then goes over the top of the back seat and covers the bottom of the back seat as well. The headrests must be removed and it wont really stay in place very well if you intend on using it for just the cargo area and having passengers in the back seat. It would have been nice if it would have been designed in two pieces or with provisions to fold it in a way where the back seat could still be used. Since i will leave it in place 90% of the time, i will have to modify it somehow or figure out how to keep the part that protects the back of the rear seat from falling down and leaving the back of the seat exposed. The material is a durable heavy canvas that sags badly in the center near the top of the back seat under its own weight. The two small velcro tabs on each end arent strong enough to hold it up very well if its folded and not draped over the back seat. Disappointing to say the least!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Agreed. They could have done a much better job with this. I just had mine replaced due to seam coming apart on second use. I think that some modification and additional velcro is in order at the top of the rear seats.

Ads