L538 Evoque Big Brake Upgrade Kit - Custom Brembo, Wilwood
As the title states, I'm selling a full, 4-corner, 6 caliper upgrade kit that I drew up and fabbed over the summer. I made two kits, one of which I'm keeping. The other is here for sale, and consists of the following:
- 4-piston monoblock front calipers (Advics)
- 4-piston rear calipers (Wilwood)
- Single piston Brembo/Tesla electric parking brake (with factory harness for plug-n-play operability)
- 360/350mm front/rear high carbon dimpled rotors with electro-coated finish
- EBC Redstuff ceramic pads (I have GreenStuff as well, and a new set of OE/BP-10 pads should you have a preference)
- Russell stainless DOT lines and fittings
- Chromoly adapters with 10.9 fasteners
- Fits inside OE 19" wheels
- Custom stainless pins and bleeders (for a cohesive look throughout as well as eliminating the need to pound out any pins in order to change pads - simply thread them out and swap the pads). And of course, rust should be minimal.
- Brake torque up ~35% overall (assuming constant friction coefficient to OE pads) with about a 12% increase in demand at the master cylinder
- Front/rear bias within ~5% of OE
- Front pad type is standard Brembo F40/F50, and rears are Wilwood Dynalite shape (both of which are common and come in any compound one would want.
In short, I saw the lack of aftermarket for this chassis as a good reason to do what I love to do, which is to fuse art with function. Given the effort, I thought making two sets would be an exercise in efficiency. (It wasn't). That said, if there happens to be one more nut case out there that believes this car needs a BBK, then I just saved you about 100 hours of calculating, sourcing, grinding, welding, cleaning, drawing, and painting. None of it was terribly difficult, but 100 hours is 100 hours.
Bottom line: ~$2,000 (Negotiable)
Note: If you simply NEED these in 'played out red' or 'look at me yellow' we can have that discussion. (READ: I don't need two kits for one car).
Last edited by CG1; 12-26-2018 at 07:40 PM.
12-26-2018 07:05 PM
Beautiful mod! Free bump
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Thanks. The weather is breaking, so I'll finally get to install the blue set in the coming weeks. I can't wait to see the rotors all polished up by the pads. #caliporn
Originally Posted by wungun
Originally Posted by CG1
What type of finish is on the calipers? I am looking at a 2015 coupe with 19" wheels will they fit? Also are the EBC Redstuff ceramic pads okay for daily driving? Are the replacement pads and rotor easily sourced? Do you have any picture of them on your Evoque?
thanks for your timr
Bump! Great kit, sent PM.
PM's answered. I should have the blue set on this week/end and will post pics/performance comments once I get a few runs on them.