L538 Evoque Big Brake Upgrade Kit - Custom Brembo, Wilwood
As the title states, I'm selling a full, 4-corner, 6 caliper upgrade kit that I drew up and fabbed over the summer. I made two kits, one of which I'm keeping. The other is here for sale, and consists of the following:
- 4-piston monoblock front calipers (Advics)
- 4-piston rear calipers (Wilwood)
- Single piston Brembo/Tesla electric parking brake (with factory harness for plug-n-play operability)
- 360/350mm front/rear high carbon dimpled rotors with electro-coated finish
- EBC Redstuff ceramic pads (I have GreenStuff as well, and a new set of OE/BP-10 pads should you have a preference)
- Russell stainless DOT lines and fittings
- Chromoly adapters with 10.9 fasteners
- Fits inside OE 19" wheels
- Custom stainless pins and bleeders (for a cohesive look throughout as well as eliminating the need to pound out any pins in order to change pads - simply thread them out and swap the pads). And of course, rust should be minimal.
- Brake torque up ~35% overall (assuming constant friction coefficient to OE pads) with about a 12% increase in demand at the master cylinder
- Front/rear bias within ~5% of OE
- Front pad type is standard Brembo F40/F50, and rears are Wilwood Dynalite shape (both of which are common and come in any compound one would want.
In short, I saw the lack of aftermarket for this chassis as a good reason to do what I love to do, which is to fuse art with function. Given the effort, I thought making two sets would be an exercise in efficiency. (It wasn't). That said, if there happens to be one more nut case out there that believes this car needs a BBK, then I just saved you about 100 hours of calculating, sourcing, grinding, welding, cleaning, drawing, and painting. None of it was terribly difficult, but 100 hours is 100 hours.
Bottom line: ~$2,000 (Negotiable)
Note: If you simply NEED these in 'played out red' or 'look at me yellow' we can have that discussion. (READ: I don't need two kits for one car).
Last edited by CG1; 12-26-2018 at 07:40 PM.
12-26-2018 07:05 PM
Beautiful mod! Free bump
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Thanks. The weather is breaking, so I'll finally get to install the blue set in the coming weeks. I can't wait to see the rotors all polished up by the pads. #caliporn
Originally Posted by wungun