Dynamic Package or Style 6 Wheels?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Package or Style 6 Wheels? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi everyone, I'll be placing my order with the dealer very soon, but just need your thoughts on this: At roughly the same cost, and ...

Member #

Hi everyone, I'll be placing my order with the dealer very soon, but just need your thoughts on this:

At roughly the same cost, and assuming that I can only choose between the two, should I get the dynamic package OR the style 6 wheels (for a white coupe model)? Why?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Are you asking if you should get the Dynamic car or a different model that offers style 6 wheels instead of the Dynamic-style three? If this is just about wheels, do a dealer swap after you buy. Otherwise, if you're looking for an opinion on the Dynamic vs the other models (Coupe only?) The single reason I bought the Dynamic was because I could get Magnetic Suspension. Again, unclear what you are asking.

If you're asking about the MagneRide suspension vs cool wheels on a Dynamic car, without question get the MagneRide. It turns this car into a very capable sports sedan.
    Last edited by scrannel; 02-02-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    If this is just about wheels, do a dealer swap after you buy. .
    FYI, after attempting this at two dealers, I can tell you that this will not likely happen. They consider the wheels and tires "used" once they are on the car, and for liability sake, they won't do it. They won't "steal from another car" on the lot either, it creates way too much hassle. You can, however buy the extra set of wheels separately and keep the originals for a winter set. That's what I did.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Wow! Never heard of that before. Actually prefer the wheels that came on my Dynamic, and they seem to be in demand overseas (as only avail on coupes I am told). Maybe things are that tight. Of course, one thing to consider, maybe dealers don't want to have to mess with the TPM issue when changing wheels from one car to another. Sounds like you have the best solution, anyway.

Member #
    Dunno. The TPMS automatically re calibrated when I switched wheels for the winter, as well as when I swapped the OEM wheels off for the Style 6s. This is a higher grade system than my wife's Civic, which has to be recalibrated each time she switches wheels for winter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    That's good to know. Thanks. In the end, I'd like to run Run Flats, if I can find them to fit.

Member #
    I don't have experience with those. Do they replace a spare?

Member #
    Run flats are what it says: they can run at about 55mph totally flat for a given number of miles. Yes, you would then not need a spare. I had them on a C6 Corvette. TPM would be helpful because visually you cannot tell if they are flat.

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Wow! Never heard of that before. Actually prefer the wheels that came on my Dynamic, and they seem to be in demand overseas (as only avail on coupes I am told).
    I agree. The Dynamic's standard wheels look best from the options available. Go for the Magnetic suspension as you can never add that after the fact. If you want different wheels, go aftermarket.

Ads