Motor trend Review...I can't believe it!

This is a discussion on Motor trend Review...I can't believe it! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Latest edition of Motor Trend rated the Evoque to the Audi All Road and BMW X1 and the Evoque came in dead LAST! The positives ...

Member #

Latest edition of Motor Trend rated the Evoque to the Audi All Road and BMW X1 and the Evoque came in dead LAST! The positives on the Evoque were the design and interior materials. The negatives were the torque, steering , ride on rough roads and other miscellaneous. I am still in shock..the best SUV on the planet for 2012 as rated by Motor Trend comes in last in this comparison test. To say the least, I don't agree with this assessment .

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Saw and ignored this. They could just as easily have run a car with MagneRide suspension. But?

Member #
    I haven't driven the other cars but I guarntee you that people will not stop in thier tracks and stare at your Audi or BMW. My wife is constantly given compliments on her Evoque.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Motor Trend appears to be out of touch with cars lately. Some of the things that criticize make no sense. Size of wheel, seats being two tone, etc. I could see a comparison to the BMW X3 but not the 1 and the Audi is really a station wagon so after reading the article I felt like it was a review of 3 separate cars. BTW all the car magazines are losing touch with their readers. Road and Track is my favorite and even they sometimes go to the nit picky stuff. The radio knob was too big or too small. Love the Evoque and would never have even looked at the BMW or the Audie. Although I did look at the M3.

Member #
    Read that article and still bought the Evoque. Have had it 2 weeks and love it. Nothing compares for style. Driving dynamics are great, no issues. Handles snow/ice up hill and down hill just great. Drove the X1 and it shuts off the engine every time you stop. While this can be disabled it was very disconcerting. The X1 ride was very harsh in comparison to the Evo. Also felt that the seat was too narrow. I am tall and skinny and most of my legs were hanging out in space in the X1. Very uncomfortable.

Member #
    In all my driving I have yet to see an X1 on the road. I see very few Audi all wheel drives. Heck I hardly see any X3s. I have been seeing a lot more Evoques in the past month

Member #
    Is the X1 even sold in the US yet? I have seen them in Canada.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    I thought it was since Motor Trend raved about it.

Member #
    I would'nt pay attention to the Mags. I went from a Benz GLK 350 4Matic to The EVO and I deff. knew I didnt want the Audi Q5 it has no appeal. ANd the Q7 is crazy huge for a young professional with no kids. And there as so many out there on the road. The BMW X1 was okay had some nice stuff but BMW dosent move away from old Styles just looking at the gauges gets me upset the BMW needs to get more up to date with the times and modernise their vehicles.

Member #
    Motor Trend has always been a poor magazine. They have always seemed sympathetic to American manufacturers and their evaluations are often way off base. Stick to Road and Track.

Ads