Getting interested in the Evoque. What are common issues?

This is a discussion on Getting interested in the Evoque. What are common issues? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Short time lurker, first time poster. I own a VW Tiguan at the moment but Im getting more and more interested in upgrading to an ...

Member #

Short time lurker, first time poster. I own a VW Tiguan at the moment but Im getting more and more interested in upgrading to an Evoque. Can you guys comment on what the most common issues are with the Evoque? Seems to be ongoing confusion about hot air from the rear air vents, mpg (not such a big issue for me - driving a Tiguan I'm used to "optimistic" claims), and I read there was an engine misfire recall. Day to day are there any problems or issues that are really common ?Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I own a 2012 5 door with 10,000 miles on it now. The brakes squeek a little but the dealer said they will replace the pads during the first service (bonus). The biggest day to day issue my wife has is people staring at the car.

Member #
    Mine is a baby, under a month old. Aside from the great looks it's a very flexible sort of "all-environment" car. Having a good dealer is important, as with any car. I have been following some "flat battery issues" on a UK forum, but unclear if that's older cars (and may be curable with software upgrade). But looking around those forums, I see the usual gripes about this and that but most seem random.

So far as the issue with it going into a "limp home mode", there is a decent thread on that here. They claim there is a fix. And, I'm not sure if that fix has been applied to the 2013 already. Rear vents, from my "research" were never designed to blow hot as there are hot air vents facing rear from under the front seats.

Part of the fun is choosing the model you want. Personally, I wanted magnetic suspension and that's only avail on the Dynamic. That little turbo 4 is surprisingly quick. It's really a sports sedan. Good luck.
    Last edited by scrannel; 02-17-2013 at 08:31 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Good to know - thanks. I'll rummage around and see what I can see on the limp home mode. I'm not sure I can stretch to a new one so I'm probably going to go through the used market first - the Dynamic sounds great - love the magneride suspension idea - but it depends what's available. Plus in my area everyone buys silver, black or white cars and I like the blue and the red choices for the Evoque but there's none within 800 miles of me that are either colour :-/

Ads