First Range Rover with glitches, pls hlep!

First Range Rover with glitches, pls hlep!

This is a discussion on First Range Rover with glitches, pls hlep! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi, All, Had several brand new German cars in the past and now I am proud of being Evoque owner. It is a brand new ...

Member #

Angry First Range Rover with glitches, pls hlep!

Hi, All,
    Had several brand new German cars in the past and now I am proud of being Evoque owner. It is a brand new 2013 Prestige and just drove over 1000 miles today. First, heated side mirrors seem like not working.. Covered with ice this moring, temp = 31 F, then drove about 35 minutes with heated seats/heated front windshield but still no melting on mirrors and it was still cold when I touched w/ my hand. Manual says, heated mirrors should be kicked in based on external temp but how low should be enough for heating?? Called Range Rover USA but they do not have technical support. Second, front windshield heating.. it seems like it is working but 1/4 of driver upper corner side not heated. Should it heat the entire screen?? Lastly, i hope, in a cold weather around 35 or less(not freezing), I always heated up the engine at least 5 minutes then drive but when I hit gas pedal in low RPM, engine starts making noise and I felt strong resistance (vibration) on the gas pedal so had to apply force on and of for a while. I waited to break first 1000 miles but still it does that. Is anyone out there having the same troubles or with clear answers? Thanks for your help in advance!!
    Last edited by prana; 02-22-2013 at 08:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    First of all, where are you in the world? (Some models differ by market as does service and people who live where you do may be more knowledgeable). My advice is to take your car to the dealer and have them sort this, especially the engine issue. Also, (while at the dealer) I would have them do a load test on your battery. It may be bad. I have a 2013 less than two weeks old and dealer replaced my battery. (There's also suppoed to be a software update for charging, but my car already had it). I'm in So. California so not exactly in the snow belt.
    Last edited by scrannel; 02-22-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Member #
    Thanks for the quick reply! I am in Indiana,, had an icy storm this morning so badly need heated mirrors. I will address these to my dealer next week...

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The heated mirrors will turn on automatically with the rear defroster on

Member #
    What about the front windshield defroster?? How fast it kicks in? Mine takes about 10 minutes but hard to see if this is warm air from vents with Auto Temp setting or defroster itself. Right upper corner of driver side not heating though...

Member #
    Tried with rear defroster...still not working
    Last edited by prana; 02-22-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Member #
    I'd get it back to the dealer for a good going-over. Sounds like you are due to catch a break

Member #
    Finally...figured out...For heated mirrors, u must turn front wiper in AUTO position then turn on rear defroster...Can LR simply state this in the manual??? Why they make it so complicated??

Member #
    Good to know. Had no idea the wipers had anything to do with it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    p59 of the owner manual :
    The rear view door mirror heaters operate automatically according to the external temperature and windshield wiper operation.
    Admittedly that's a bit vague but it does mention the wipers and not the defrost. So I suspect it's all to do with external temps and whether you're using the wipers.

Ads