Evoque Forums banner

Evoque Rear Brakes Wear

15K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  scrannel 
#1 ·
I took my 2012 Evoque for the first major service and was advised that my rear brakes were 70 percent worn. The Rane Rover workshop advised I should change. The car has only done 30000km!!! ( I have already had a minor service at 10000Km)I have never heard of a new car having to replace rear brakes after just 30000km, or an old car for that matter. The head mechanic at Range Rover simply dismissed my concern by saying that's the way the vehicle is designed. I decided not to go ahead with the suggestion to replace the brakes before I did some investigation. Does anyone have any knowledge? NB

#3 ·
I was not aware of this. What are the details on this recall?

#4 ·
May not be the issue, but FWIW:

SUMMARY: Jaguar Land Rover is recalling certain model year 2012 LR2 and Range Rover Evoque vehicles manufactured on June 11, 2012. The rear brake caliper retaining bolts may be insufficiently torqued. CONSEQUENCE: Insufficiently torqued brake caliper bolts may result in the brake caliper detaching. A detached brake caliper may lead to a loss of brake function. Additonally, the caliper may strike a wheel resulting in the sudden deflation of a tire. Either situation may increase the risk of a vehicle crash. REMEDY: Jaguar Land Rover will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and tighten the rear brake caliper retaining bolts, free of charge. The recall began on January 11, 2013. Owners may contact Jaguar Land Rover at 1-800-637-6837, Option 9. NOTES: Land Rover's campaign recall number is P029. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

#5 ·
Sounds like this is just a specific build date, not all of 2012's. I do not see how this relates to break wear.

#7 ·
It is common for the rear brakes to wear faster than the fronts on all Land Rover models since 2005. I am surprised that your Evoque needs brake pads at only 30,000km, but 70% worn also means 30% remaining. Since Land Rover has slashed to labor time allowances for warranty reimbursement, many Land Rover technicicans have resorted to "selling" to make a living,, so ask to see the brakes with the wheels removed and compare the thickness of the pads to a new set. New pads have 10mm of lining on them. If the pads are down to 3mm or less, think about changing them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.