Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage - Page 22

Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

This is a discussion on Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Originally Posted by JustinDOzone 2017/10/14: Interesting assertion regarding the on-board versus actual. I haven't done so on my Evoque yet, but on 7 of the ...

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Real world Range Rover Evoque Fuel Mileage

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDOzone View Post
    2017/10/14: Interesting assertion regarding the on-board versus actual. I haven't done so on my Evoque yet, but on 7 of the previous 12 new cars I've owned I've compared long term MPG calculated using traditional manual methods to the on-board and found the two well aligned (the other 5 cars predated on-boards). I understand that while idling registers 0 MPG on the on-board, the actual quickly transitions from MPG to GPM (I think idling may have the largest negative impact on MPG so thanks for Auto Stop!) At the other extreme, every on-board I've had has been limited to a max of 99 MPG while actual coasting down a long grade at 65 MPH is probably more like 200+ MPG. Anyway, my long-term data suggests the on-board errors must cancel each other out because results of the two methods are within a 10th or two. My 7-car data history covers very different efficiencies; a 300ZX Twin Turbo modified to 460HP, a Maxima, a Prius, 2 Murano, a CX5, and a Titan 5.6L V8 4WD.

UPDATE 2018/05/07: I purchased my 2017 HSE Dynamic (L4 gasoline) on June 30, 2017 and it now has enough miles for a valid MPG average. I've tracked fuel economy both manually and with the on-board computer since day one. I now have 11,677 miles and the on-board claims 27.0 MPG which corresponds nicely to my manual result of 26.26. About 85% of my miles are city, and unfortunately, about 90% of my miles were in "D" with paddles disabled, driving conservatively.

That is a huge improvement over earlier models. Mine reports 22.5 but I measure about 20.5. My driving is mostly driving to work which is a 2 mile 1 2 traffic light drive to the interstate. Then an 8 minute drive on the interstate with little traffic then a 10 minute drive on an empty hwy with some curves but no stopping. Even if I drive conservatively I never get more than about 23.5 reported.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    i recently purchased a 2016 HE Evoque with 34,000 miles and only getting 14MPG in around-town driving. Horrible!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Ads