Rear cabin buzz

Rear cabin buzz

This is a discussion on Rear cabin buzz within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Has anyone else experienced a buzz -- not quite a rattle -- coming from the rear compartment, perhaps in the cargo hold? It manifests around ...

Thread: Rear cabin buzz

Member #

Rear cabin buzz

Has anyone else experienced a buzz -- not quite a rattle -- coming from the rear compartment, perhaps in the cargo hold? It manifests around certain rough terrain or when a loud motorcycle is idling/going by. I hate to take this to the dealer and be 'that guy' .. would like to diagnose myself. Not serious, just an annoyance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'd recommend looking in the spare tire area and making sure everything is secure in there.

Member #
    One person on another forum solved similar issue by pulling out rear seat belts and retracting them again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I had a buzzing vibration on certain rough road surfaces. It was the sliding roof mechanism/motor in the rear ceiling. Next time you hear it open the shade and see if that eliminates it. If yes, your dealer can fix it.
    Last edited by Skywagon; 03-20-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Member #
    My headliner was buzzing when I first got the vehicle. A bit of foam installed by the dealer fixed it permanently.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    Now that you mention it it does seem like the noise is coming from a higher location. I'll check out the shade (though I usually drive with the shade open anyhow). What did you all say when you went to the dealer? I don't want them to tear apart my car...

And I'll try the rear seatbelts...

Member #
    I was able to isolate the noise by hitting the electric motor area with my fist, thus duplicating the sound. It only occured when the sunshade was closed and when I opened the shade, while driving, the sound stopped. I too was concerned about them tearing the roof liner up but they did with no apparant resultand damage cosmetically or mechanically.

Member #
    Mine was near my head, so it was easily isolated and silenced while I applied pressure. The dealer seemed to fix it as if this was an "easy fix" and a simple request...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Ads