Warning to all Evoque owners the worst service from land rover

Warning to all Evoque owners the worst service from land rover

This is a discussion on Warning to all Evoque owners the worst service from land rover within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Will let me start by saying that I'm 38 years old and have gone through about 37 cars already due to my love for cars ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Angry Warning to all Evoque owners

Will let me start by saying that I'm 38 years old and have gone through about 37 cars already due to my love for cars , However I have never experienced such poor service then land rover.The major problem that we experienced was due to the shifter malfunction causing the car to engage in gear and running into my parked AMG C63 with 6,500 miles on it.Not wanting to report this to my insurance due to car fax report of a future sale I paid $2,400 the fix all damages. Range rover had found 3 fault codes and replaced the gear shifter.After calling range rover they are refusing to pay for damages and my demand of replacing the car as I really don't trust this car any further.If I had a child or if this car was parked on the street this could have killed someone.The car has had so may issues form key not detected, some kind of leak in the cylinder head , loose bolt in the suspension, rear tail lights foging up, ratteles, and many more others. I'm not asking for my money back but simply to get me car replaced and the reimbursement of my damages. The latest after a system update due to the key not being detected causing the car not be started , the mirrors not folding when locked and alarm going off and the 2nd beep not coming on if you press the lock key2x. Today is Thursday and they had the car since Friday last week with no fix. At what point does a car manufacture step up and do the right thing? If this issue is not resolved by next week I will have no choice but to have attorney take over my case. In last few months of owning the my Evoque the car has been down for almost 30 days. Guys please be vey carful and don't ever leave the car running in park for any amount of time.
    Last edited by 4ramin; 03-21-2013 at 12:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Which country are you in (I assume the USA) and which state? What year Evoque?" How many miles?

So if I get this are you saying LR replaced the shifter (or worked on it) and THEN you drove into a parked car? Or did they find the error code after the accident? I presume you started the car, then took your foot off the brake and it jumped into gear? I would say you would have to be able to duplicate this in some way. In others, prove it could happen. On all the forums and reading the highway safety stuff, I do not see this as a known issue. So, you would have to probably duplicate.

As far as other issues, some states have lemon laws that may cover you. However, some of the stuff you're describing sounds suspiciously like a bad main battery.

Member #
    I'm in California , the car was running in my driveway, with the drive mark flashing. This has happened 3x already . You put the car in park but its really not in park. Car currently has about 16k miles and its 2012. I already have a video that was also sent to them but they don't want to take fault. My next report will be to the highway safety... And the lemon law is next on my list.....
    Last edited by 4ramin; 03-21-2013 at 01:50 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Back to the shop, I'm so pissed at myself for buying this car. I should have listened to everyone who told me not to buy a range rover. I have filed with the BBB and the NHTSA... Next time ill stick to a Mercedes Benz as they been the best cars I've ever owned...

Member #
    From all the "problems" you have had with it why havent they bought it back yet? Especially in the state of California. Getting pissed and screaming at the service counter at the dealership is going to get you no where. Down for 30 business days means its a lemon.

Member #
    I'm also in California and agree with above post. Never heard of this issue before. So... which dealer?

Member #
    To the original poster, very sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the car, and I'm very sensitive to your safety concerns. I would just advise that taking a calm approach to the situation would help in addressing the situation with the dealer.

Also would you mind posting the video you have so that we can also be educated on exactly how this malfunction occurs?

Thanks and good luck in getting the situation addressed, we love our Evoque thus far.

Member #
    Hi 4ramin, I have a 2013 RR Evoque Pure and a 2012 Mercedes ML350. The Mercedes is about to go back on Lemon Law, and the dealer as well as Mercedes LLC is the worst. It's the first Mercedes I have ever owned, and will never own another one. On the other hand, I have owned 6 Range Rovers, and 5 BMW's. Love both brands, and the dealer service is awesome. The moral I guess it that it can happen to any car, any brand. That's why they have a Lemon Law. I think it should apply to everything you buy.

Member #
    Thanks guys, the car was towed back to the dealer on Thursday last week for a different issue. The car has been to in two different dealers and both dealers have been great. Land rover is the one being difficult and yes I do have an attorney now and the lemon law is the road we are taking. I'll keep everyone posted as to the status.....
    Last edited by 4ramin; 04-08-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Member #
    What dealer did you buy the car from?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads