Land Rover Driving School

This is a discussion on Land Rover Driving School within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hey all, I am planning to experience LR driving school either at Carmel, CA or North Carolina as I was offered 2 hr free gift ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rovingvic
  • 1 Post By cbracer
  • 1 Post By Rovingvic

Thread: Land Rover Driving School

Member #

Hey all,
    I am planning to experience LR driving school either at Carmel, CA or North Carolina as I was offered 2 hr free gift certificate. However I plan to try the 12 hr intensive course. Has anyone attended in one of those programs and any feedback?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I too am considering adding more to my complimentary 2-hour LR Experience time which I plan to do in Vermont this autumn.
    So has anyone done more that two hours? Do you find it useful? Has anyone done a Full Day Experience?

Thanks for any feedback!

-- Paul

Member #
    Looking for responses to the driving school experience. I was thinking of going to North Carolina during the kids spring break.

Thoughts? drive your own vehicle or does the school offer one to drive? worth the trip?

thanks!
    Jerry
    2014 Evoque Coupe
    2005 Mitsubishi Evo

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Off Road Driving Training - Land Rover Experience

Here is a link with dates. $250 for 1 hour, $400 for 2 & $1,200 for all day. I would love to do it , but it's pretty far from Houston.

You might check with your dealer. Mine actually had meet & drive events . We all drove to Columbus, Texas where an off road course was set up and it was a lot of fun & free. They had instructors on the course to direct you in the technical sections.
    EvoJerry likes this.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    I did the driving experience out here in Carmel Valley CA. Got a 2 hour class and it was good. They have some really nice trails and the instructor was great. I would do more at $100/hr but not $200/hr !
    Name:  IMG_7208med.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.03 MBName:  IMG_9735med.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  824.1 KB
    Chris
    EvoJerry likes this.

Member #
    Cbracer did you drive your personal vehicle or did they provide a vehicle?
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    I took the family to Asheville, NC to try out the Land Rover Experience at the Biltmore Estate. They provided the vehicles, had an instructor explain what to look for when on the trail. Didn't encounter any major obstacles like the pictures above. Did have an opportunity to climb the back slope of a ditch at an angle, where the instructor got to show me the wrong and right approach to overcome the obstacle. So, with that being said, I am impressed with what the vehicles can get through.
    I think the most important thing i took from this, was to get out and spend a minute looking at the obstacle, than to spend an hour digging out! Slow and steady on the trails is the way to go.
    Overall, i had a good experience and if you have the time to attend one of these, it is worth your while.
    It is pricey if you don't have the certificate that you get when you buy new.

I have found a local group that also provide lessons, Kansas Rock Park, a couple of hours south of Kansas City. I'll give that a try this spring.
    Jerry
    2014 Evoque Coupe
    2005 Mitsubishi Evo

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoJerry View Post
    I took the family to Asheville, NC to try out the Land Rover Experience at the Biltmore Estate. They provided the vehicles, had an instructor explain what to look for when on the trail. Didn't encounter any major obstacles like the pictures above. Did have an opportunity to climb the back slope of a ditch at an angle, where the instructor got to show me the wrong and right approach to overcome the obstacle. So, with that being said, I am impressed with what the vehicles can get through.
    I think the most important thing i took from this, was to get out and spend a minute looking at the obstacle, than to spend an hour digging out! Slow and steady on the trails is the way to go.
    Overall, i had a good experience and if you have the time to attend one of these, it is worth your while.
    It is pricey if you don't have the certificate that you get when you buy new.

I have found a local group that also provide lessons, Kansas Rock Park, a couple of hours south of Kansas City. I'll give that a try this spring.
    Cool, thanks for your feedback. I've had fun off-roading in mine. Nothing too serious. I've always heard when off-roading to go slow as possible & fast as necessary.
    EvoJerry likes this.

Ads