I love Range Rover

I love Range Rover

This is a discussion on I love Range Rover within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; RRR Here is my Story. I bought one of the first E's in November of 2011 - Black 2 Door - At 3400 miles I ...

Member #

Smile I love Range Rover

RRR Here is my Story. I bought one of the first E's in November of 2011 - Black 2 Door - At 3400 miles I had the Engine shut down Turbo water in the cylinder issues - the designers placed the turbo at the bottom of the Engine and it sucked in water - 3 times - Then it was the Battery / electrical issue -- I had to carry jumpers where ever I went - never new when it would die. The hood latch fell apart because it was opened so many times. The stupid battery cover has twist clips that need to be removed to get to the connecters - turns jump starting into a major deal. Plus the screw caps get lost easy - there is a back order for years on these babies. The iPod would drain the car ovenight ** I did convince the system to take both cell phone I4 and Ipod to work together at the begining but when I went to I5 everything changed. With I4 I could walk away into the store and acually be connected yelling at the Car with the Bluetooth - with I5 I have pull it out of my pocket and put it between the seats just to get it to work - The Interior lights would come on at will - on and on. The coolant can not handle the driving and it would get burned up quick. The Nav was piss poor and the camera would come on as I drove away after backing out. I was in the dealer 14 times. The light show on the dash is amazing and cool as you get to see idioms of carnage. Ending with the check engine light. Always something new. With all these issues I still love the Car. I have had them all -- Merc - Lexus - BMW all the big boys and Really enjoy the E the most.

Get a Lawyer and I got a Brand New E exactly the same as before in the Grey with Cappuccino Leather. It did not cost me a dime. I am currently fighting the excise tax with the city. The lawyer was 2 g's. Rover paid him direct. The lawyer said it was the easiest transfer He ever did. He say's Merc BMW Audi are a massive headache and battle -- these guys never settle.

The 2 doors are much faster - I know because I had the 4 door as rentals. Yes the back seat sucks -- but I am single and leave the seats down always to run my management business out of the back. No problem carrying replacement windows and tools in back. Who says you can't run a business out of SUV. I love going to HD and filling it up - driving away and the other Contactors jumping up and down how cool the car is to look at while in motion. The stance of the 2 door is outstanding.

I want Range Rover to hire Me as a consultant. I know exactly where and what is needed to get this SUV to the top of the Heep. They need to right the wrong's before the wrong's wreck the rights.

The 2 Dealers I was exposed too were Great but getting sick of my face - especially the first one -- this led to the facts I had a Lemon and in Mass the Law Rules

I have so much more to say and offer - I cannot be Happier the way it went. I Dream of my next new one for free in the coming months.

[email protected]

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Your comments are very much appreciated. I have not had the issues that you presented..mine are minor..the coolant issue, the battery issue were the items that hit me. Since the dealer topped off the CoolentI, I have not seen a problem..still registers at the right levels. As far as the battery, I was taking 1 to 4 mile trips daily ( I am retired so no need for long daily trips). When I took two trips over the last six months to visit my sons in Ohio from SC, the battery issue has gone away.( apparantly these trips have kept the battery fully charged).

Member #
    Did they ever replace your battery (which was obviously no good)? That's what was causing your dash light show and likely more. Where are you? Sounds like your dealer is dumber than dogshit. As you probably know there is a software up grade that fixes the alternator which was shutting off (free spinning I believe) well before the battery had been properly charged. Once you get that corrected 99% you are going to need a new battery. At the very least have them run a load test. Once a battery has been "run low" it can never be saved. Never.
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-05-2013 at 11:54 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    They did not replace my battery. They did a load test and battery was good. They recharged battery applied any related software adjustments . Everything is good so far.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchgeekLdibari View Post
    They did not replace my battery. They did a load test and battery was good. They recharged battery applied any related software adjustments . Everything is good so far.

If your battery needed to be recharged... I would take it to someone you trust and have the test done again. Are you getting the 3 minute warning or the 10 minute?

When I took delivery of my Dynamic (2013, already had the "fix" applied") I told my dealer I was getting the 3 minute warning. He said, battery is NFG -- brought it in, load tested, replaced it. It's a bit less of a problem in the states where we are all running gas engines with a 10:1 compression ratio. In Euro where they are mostly running diesels (compression ration 15.8:1) the batteries are getting zapped. Was told that in Sweden they were going to a higher cranking power battery (diesel + cold).

Depends how long you were driving around with your battery at sub-charge. Theoretically if you are getting the 10 minute warning you should be fine -- but if you are consistently getting only the 3 minute warning... I'd get a second opinion.

Member #
    Thanks scrennel, will do!

Ads