picked up my 2013 Evoque, drove at night...the BLUR is horrible through windshield!

picked up my 2013 Evoque, drove at night...the BLUR is horrible through windshield!

This is a discussion on picked up my 2013 Evoque, drove at night...the BLUR is horrible through windshield! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; had the truck for about 6 hours yesterday, took it for a ride at night and had a headache about an hour into drive!!....the blur ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

had the truck for about 6 hours yesterday, took it for a ride at night and had a headache about an hour into drive!!....the blur from the filament in windshield is HORRIBLE!...so HORRIBLE that i called dealer to return truck...cannot drive this vehicle like this...my eyesight isnt that great to begin with...got home and had a damn headache from the blurry vision everytime oncoming lights or street lights cam into view...drove around NYC and had blur from all the lights around outside. Gotta call dealership in the morning. Truck must go back or windshield replaced or give me different truck WITHOUT climate package.....climate pkg includes heated windshield...the dumbest idea(installing hundreds of filaments in windshield) i have seen so far...very dissapointed....dont know how you guys deal with this problem, im sorry to say...i cannot

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Agreed with you until I was caught in a blizzard and those filaments gave me instant visibility. They haven't bothered me since even though I rarely drive in snow.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx2898 View Post
    had the truck for about 6 hours yesterday, took it for a ride at night and had a headache about an hour into drive!!....the blur from the filament in windshield is HORRIBLE!...so HORRIBLE that i called dealer to return truck...cannot drive this vehicle like this...my eyesight isnt that great to begin with...got home and had a damn headache from the blurry vision everytime oncoming lights or street lights cam into view...drove around NYC and had blur from all the lights around outside. Gotta call dealership in the morning. Truck must go back or windshield replaced or give me different truck WITHOUT climate package.....climate pkg includes heated windshield...the dumbest idea(installing hundreds of filaments in windshield) i have seen so far...very dissapointed....dont know how you guys deal with this problem, im sorry to say...i cannot
    Consider driving it around for a week. I don't even see the lines anymore. And it is a REALLY nice feature to have.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yeah I would agree it's definitely different but it’s a great feature. Living up in NYC as I Live in Vermont you and I would know the snow we get and that you do need Climate package. And the ice melts so quick you will fall in love with the vehicle. Give it a chance.

Member #
    Your eyes will get used to it after a week or so

Member #
    It has not been a problem to me.

Member #
    Was not even aware they were there. Using Polaroid glasses?

Member #
    no, no special glasses, if you have climate pkg you have filament in windshield,,, just google "evoque night blur" you will see complaints. you can see them with the naked eye...if you dont see them then u dont have heated windshield

Member #
    No, I have the heated windshield, but the wires don't bother me because I'm focusing beyond them. Not sure if it's the angle or what.
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-22-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Member #
    Keep driving it. Your eyes will get used to it. When my wife bought her Evoque I couldn't drive it at night but now I dont even notice it. The key is not to focus on it and just drive normal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads