Yelling at me for pulling a trailer

This is a discussion on Yelling at me for pulling a trailer within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I went to Home Depot the other weekend. I Have a 2012 black Pure Plus. Setup with Hitch and all aluminum black cargo trailer . ...

Member #

I went to Home Depot the other weekend. I Have a 2012 black Pure Plus. Setup with Hitch and all aluminum black cargo trailer . I was picking up several windows and parked in loading area. A guy came by and asked me what I was doing. Thinking it was pretty obvious I just said "the usual" . Then he started getting all huffy and yelling on how I could never do that to that car. I politely said.. It's not a car. Its a fully capable 4x4 workhorse. He then left shaking his head but understood his compliment! Never thought I would get that reaction!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I understand your frustration. I too have been scolded by people when I use my vehicles for everyday errands like you described. I plan on taking full advantage of all the Evoque's capabilities. People that buy vehicles and then park them in the garage and never drive them are missing out on all the fun. These machines were designed and built to "drive". I drive all of my vehicles as often as possible. I even drive my motorhome (1986 Vixen 21 TD) to work and other places on a regular basis.
    Currently own:

1986 Vixen 21TD Motorhome- 55k
    1979 Lancia Beta Coupe - 45k "complete restoration in process"

Member #
    Home Depot? You have to kick those people in the balls.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yes exactly meant to drive. It does that well even with a trailer!

Member #
    Whats wrong with you..Home Depot? Go to Lowes, no problems there.

Member #
    Mental illness is a terrible thing!

Member #
    I feel your pain! We took our 2013 to the trails in MOAB earlier this month. Jeep people kept telling us that cars are not equipped to go on trails. I looked at them when we were 4-5 miles into the trail and 7000 feet in elevation, and asked how it is I got to here then! Hence the Land Rover badge on the vehicle!!

Member #
    Those nuts need to go to Ireland and see a Yaris pulling a horse trailer or a homemade trailer with a 2000 pound cattle load inside or even a smaller vehicle that's 20 years old with a trailer stacked with hay or grain. Never tell one of those farmers they can't tow with those vehicles. LOL. In 1980 I had a new six cylinder Olds Cutlass that I towed a ski boat all over the country with. People told me I would ruin the engine and burn out the transmission. They were right...the trans went at 130,000 miles! Only issue I ever had in all those years. Rebuilt it and back to towing again.

Ads