Rear skid plate

Rear skid plate

This is a discussion on Rear skid plate within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Does anyone know how to remove the rear middle plastic skid plate...

Thread: Rear skid plate

Member #

Rear skid plate

Does anyone know how to remove the rear middle plastic skid plate

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    why you trying to remove it? To get it repainted? Im curious about that myself.

Member #
    Look on page 225 and 226 of your owners manual. There are two rear panels that appear to be easily removed (This is for access to emergency towing hooks.) Perhaps when these are removed you will have access to the hardware holding the middle rear panel in place.

I may be removing the the front and rear plastic skid plates on my Evoque to replace them with aftermarket stainless ones.
    Last edited by mstraka; 12-10-2013 at 10:09 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by evoquevr6 View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove the rear middle plastic skid plate
    I think if you look at the diagram of the rear bumper cover, at the link below, you will see that the rear "skid plate" is a integral part of the bumper cover. It is not shown as a separate part that you can buy.

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Parts - Land Rover Parts Center - Call (800) 574-9217 for Genuine Land Rover Parts and Accessories

Member #
    Just curious why you want stainless steel skid plates? Let us know if you see pics of them? I have the Fuji Whie with grey skidplates and think black would look better.

Member #
    If you find the stainless or metal skid plates to replace the standard plastic ones, please let me know where you found them. I have been looking for them as well. I would also like to find a bull bar for the front, but there is nothing that I have found that I like yet.

Rob

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rwsave View Post
    If you find the stainless or metal skid plates to replace the standard plastic ones, please let me know where you found them. I have been looking for them as well. I would also like to find a bull bar for the front, but there is nothing that I have found that I like yet.

Rob
    I have them(haven't installed yet). I found them on ebay. They're different for the dynamic model vs the pure/prestige. Both are available. About $320 for the pair.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mllcb42 View Post
    I have them(haven't installed yet). I found them on ebay. They're different for the dynamic model vs the pure/prestige. Both are available. About $320 for the pair.
    Ebay is where I saw them. Stainless rather than plastic looks better in my opinion as it makes the Evoque look more upscale.

Let me know how the installation goes. If any drilling is required stainless steel can be quite a challenge.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Here is a link to a video showing quite a bit of "bling" for the rear of the Evoque, including rear skid plates in Stainless Steel. This video will let you see what the skid plates look like in real life,
    and an idea of how they install.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    Ebay is where I saw them. Stainless rather than plastic looks better in my opinion as it makes the Evoque look more upscale.

Let me know how the installation goes. If any drilling is required stainless steel can be quite a challenge.
    The rears require drilling two holes into the underpart of the bumper, so I haven't done it yet. The front is super simple to install.

I actually purchased the parts to use as plugs for pulling molds and making the skid plates out of carbon fiber and kevlar. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ads