Occasional electronic hum near back end of drivers side after shutting off engine

Occasional electronic hum near back end of drivers side after shutting off engine

This is a discussion on Occasional electronic hum near back end of drivers side after shutting off engine within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Occasionally when I shut off the engine after parking and exit & lock my Evoque I will hear an electronic humming sound coming from the ...

Member #

Occasionally when I shut off the engine after parking and exit & lock my Evoque I will hear an electronic humming sound coming from the back of the vehicle on the driver's side. If I start and stop the engine again it seems to solve the problem. I've never let it go for more than about 30 seconds so I have no idea how long it would continue to do this. It sounds like something is still functioning that shouldn't be. I'm probably not describing this very well but just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I believe that is the fuel pump shutting down. It's a normal high pitch sound that lasts about 15 secs or so after shutting off the engine.

Member #
    All these new cars are highly computerized. Some take a while to shut down?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have a noise when exiting my Evoque. On the "reverse exit" feature, where the drivers seat goes back for easy exit of the driver, my seat motor makes a noise that sounds like an electric short circuit. Kind of a buzzing sound. It occurs during the middle to end of the seat moving back. I have taken it to the dealer 2 times. They say they don't know what it is. On my 2nd visit my service advisor said he heard it on 1 other Evoque. He has told me in the past that this dealership (management) doesn't like to correct problems until the customer has complained several times. I had an issue with squeaking windows and they knew to change the window seals from the felt type that came from the factory, to an all rubber seal. Once they replaced the seals I have not heard a single squeak. Has anyone had a problem with their seat making a noise on reverse exit and has the dealer corrected it?

Ads