Want to change out interior light bulbs, anyone know exact wattage and makers?

This is a discussion on Want to change out interior light bulbs, anyone know exact wattage and makers? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; want to replace overhead lighting in front 3 lights over dash in my 2013 evoque....anyone know which exact bulbs i would need for led or ...

Member #

want to replace overhead lighting in front 3 lights over dash in my 2013 evoque....anyone know which exact bulbs i would need for led or brighter bulbs...im assuming they are 12v- 1 watt just dont know exact fitment. Thanks to all

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Below is a how to video, AND a recommendation of a manufacturer for the bulbs and the wattage. There are many how to videos for the Evoque from this company in the UK.
    Go to YouTube, and search for Powerful UK Ltd. to find all of the how to videos for the Evoque. Good luck!

Last edited by Rsquared; 04-24-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Member #
    The front map lights are T10 or W5W lamps and are about 1 watt if you get LED's. You can use the same in the footwells for extra light as the LED's are brighter and cooler than the standard lamps. Same with the reading lights in the rear. One caveat is to be sure the lights are CANBUS type so as not to get bulb failure warnings or flashing bulbs as a result of the circuitry reading them as bad. Cheap bulbs often will show as failed and I do not know for sure, but presume that the Range Rover, like most newer cars, has a CANBUS system that covers the interior lights as well as the exterior, which I know is monitored. (See my third post below for more info on CANBUS)

Secondly, look at the heat dissipation on the LED. With low wattage, you should have little heat to consider, certainly much less than you would with the incandescent you'll replace. Decent LED's have heat sinks to dissipate the heat. Also, note the length of the bulb so that it will fit in the socket and not project too far. That's probablynot an issue with the footwell LED's but is for the map lights. I know the site mentioned above suggests OSRAM bulbs but at $32 a pair plus shipping it's a bit outrageous, since you'll need 7 to do the reading lights, map lights and the footwells. That's about $140-150 for the bulbs and shipping. Great quality bulbs, and probably worth it if you were to buy them from a source while in the UK. But what if you choose to change colors in the future to blue or ??

Finally, the Cargo area lamp is a C5W Festoon bulb which I believe is 36mm in length. I ordered two yesterday and I'll let you know how they work out. I only need one but they come in packs of two. They are 1.5 watts and should be good with the 5050 LED chips.
    Last edited by magnumforc; 05-22-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Update on CANBUS bulbs

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The C5W Festoon light is brilliant and lights up the cargo area well. It is 36mm in length and contains 3 LED chips. No heat and no bulb problems. Popped in easily, but had to be reversed as these are polarity sensitive. Just face the LED's towards the cargo area and plug the power plug back in, pop the assembly into the opening and viola, you'll be pleased. eBay item number is 270593927092 so if two people want then you can split the cost. Cheers.

Ads