2013 pure evoque keyless entry question>>>

This is a discussion on 2013 pure evoque keyless entry question>>> within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; QUESTION......HAVE A 2013 PURE EVOQUE WITH CLIMATE PKG......WINDOW STICKER SAYS "KEYLESS ENTRY" since i have purchased it a few weeks ago i have noticed i ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

QUESTION......HAVE A 2013 PURE EVOQUE WITH CLIMATE PKG......WINDOW STICKER SAYS "KEYLESS ENTRY" since i have purchased it a few weeks ago i have noticed i need to press open for doors to open and lock for them to lock......i do see others evoques door open as u put your hand behind handle then lock when u push area on handle when out of vehicle..in other words..key is always in pocket and never pressed when near truck.....i brought truck to LR dealer and they are telling me its not equipped with that option...i said" thats an option"? so question is...do you guys have same situation on a pure evoque 5 door? thanks to all who help!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I can't speak from experience, but the website lists the Evoque pure as having keyless entry as a standard feature. The window sticker should be accurate. If not, I would take that up with the dealer and make them explain the discrepancy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    I can't remember all the terms but there are two different systems. One, you have to use the key fob to lock and unluck the doors. I had an Evoque loaner from the dealer recently with this set up. The other is, infact, totally keyless/fobless. To lock the car all one has to do is touch the door handle in a certain spot. To unlock just wrap ones had around the handle. I have this system on my cars. Regardless, I guess they both can be considered keyless?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Wife has Pure also, and you need to use FOB to unlock doors. Agree with Skywagon they have two forms of keyless and Pure has basic level of keyless. Not sure this helps Instructional Videos Range Rover Evoque |

Member #
    yep....does have 2 different keyless options....i called landrover themelves....rep says...if you do not have "passive keyless"then u must use key to open and lock doors. usually comes with premium package. so sticker has to say "passive keyless entry" thanks to all

Member #
    Sounds mischieviously misleading. Or as the Brits would say...."Cheeky" to me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    Yup. Spouse has the passive keyless entry on her LR4 where she needs no fob to lock or unlock doors. I have to use the fob to lock and unlock the Evoque. But I do have the luxury of pressing lock twice and hearing the horn chirp to confirm locking while she does not. Trade offs. Oh well....we have the best of both worlds. No BMW's and two Rovers!

Member #
    Just got my new Evoque yesterday. LOVE IT. But I do have keyless entry and it does not work no matter how perfectly I follow the instructions. Touch the two ridges, just the top or bottom, tried both fobs, etc. how can this be fixed? Do I have to return to dealer to fix it? Thanks,

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejscms2 View Post
    Just got my new Evoque yesterday. LOVE IT. But I do have keyless entry and it does not work no matter how perfectly I follow the instructions. Touch the two ridges, just the top or bottom, tried both fobs, etc. how can this be fixed? Do I have to return to dealer to fix it? Thanks,
    You are mixing metaphors. There is a huge difference between “Keyless entry” and “Passive entry”.
    Keyless entry has been around for decades. You press a button on a key fob, and the doors unlock.

Passive entry means you don't have to do anything, except walk up to the vehicle, touch the two bars,
    and the doors unlock. Passive entry is an option that comes with the Premium Package on the Pure Plus model. Not sure if it is standard on the Dynamic or not.

All of the door handles are the same, whether you have the Passive Entry or not.

Member #

Keyless entry

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I get it. What throws me is that the handbook only refers to the passive system. Even my wife's Prius has a passive system. I don't understand why Range Rover would not make all the cars with a passive system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads