Have had Evoque 4 weeks ... are these problems common?

This is a discussion on Have had Evoque 4 weeks ... are these problems common? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all ... I am enjoying my new car ... seeing if anyone else had experienced these issues or know of a fix. #1) About ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hi all ... I am enjoying my new car ... seeing if anyone else had experienced these issues or know of a fix.

#1) About once a week or more, I get in my car after unlocking it and it says 'Smart Key Not Found.' I have to lock my car, then unlock it to have it recognize the key

#2) Twice I have left and noticed that the side mirrors where not out (still folded in) ...

#3) (BIGGEST ISSUE) 3 Times now, the car has automatically shifted in Sport Command Mode (I hear the engine loud and look at the RPM's and its way high, and then I notice it says Command Mode on the dash. The first time this happened I assumed I bumped the paddle or something, but I am certain I haven't ... it happened today and my hand was no where near the paddles and it was in drive.

Any help is appreciated ... thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolt19 View Post
    Hi all ... I am enjoying my new car ... seeing if anyone else had experienced these issues or know of a fix.

#1) About once a week or more, I get in my car after unlocking it and it says 'Smart Key Not Found.' I have to lock my car, then unlock it to have it recognize the key

#2) Twice I have left and noticed that the side mirrors where not out (still folded in) ...

#3) (BIGGEST ISSUE) 3 Times now, the car has automatically shifted in Sport Command Mode (I hear the engine loud and look at the RPM's and its way high, and then I notice it says Command Mode on the dash. The first time this happened I assumed I bumped the paddle or something, but I am certain I haven't ... it happened today and my hand was no where near the paddles and it was in drive.

Any help is appreciated ... thanks!
    Hey there- My thoughts for each of these:
    1. I have noticed that if I try to start the car with the door open and the key near the open door that the car gives me this code. Also, If I start the car then exit the vehicle it will do the same. If the car says this when the key is on your person and you are sitting in the car with the doors closed, there may be a sensor issue and I would talk to the dealer.

2. By "left", do you mean leaving the car, or driving away? The mirrors are supposed to fold when you lock the car. You can pull them in by pressing both mirror buttons on the driver's door simultaneously.

3. Not sure about this one. I'd definitely talk to the dealer about it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    Thanks!! I meant when I am driving on the freeway.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I did notice someone saying that the had to get a module replaced because it wouldn't recognize their keys. But they couldn't do anything even lock/unlock I think. I'm picking my car up this weekend and I'm paying close attention to these kinds of dumb issues that crop up on highly technical cars. But don't worry, I've got two other Prius owners in my family and both of them have had strange things happen with the keyless entry system. As far as the mirrors- they remained folded in while you we're driving?

Member #
    Haha ... Yes ... they did... Not sure ... I am swapping keys to see if the other one does the same error.

Member #
    I'm at 15k and have never seen any of those faults. Please let us know what the dealer finds.

Member #
    I have 10k miles and never experienced these issues.

Member #
    #3 has happened to me twice now, very weird! And very random, I too thought I had accidentally hit a paddle. Glad to know I'm not the only one

Member #
    I have 10k miles and have not experienced any of the issues mentioned.

Member #
    Just to know you can shift up or down without being in Sport mode so the slightst touch on a paddle while turning the wheel can cause a gear change. I thought that was strange since other vehicles depend upon you being in Sport position for the paddles to intervene but not the PR/RR series.

I also wonder about the logic of not having the mirrors fold OUT automatically when you reach a certain speed, such as most vehicles now do. Every other car would unfold at about 15 mph and could be folded the same way, by locking or by manual folding. The Land Rovers (LR4) and Range Rover Evoque do not unfold automatically with the remote if you do not fold them by locking with the remote. If you fold them by simultaneously pressing on the door buttons inside and then lock the car with the remote, they will NOT unfold when you unlock the car. You will need to manually unfold them wih the interior buttons. Rule is manual fold, manual unfold, remote fold, remote unfold. Nothing automatic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads