Test drove an Evoque this weekend - Impressions

This is a discussion on Test drove an Evoque this weekend - Impressions within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I went test driving this past weekend and one of the cars was an Evoque prestige. First off I love the design, exterior and interior; ...

Member #

I went test driving this past weekend and one of the cars was an Evoque prestige. First off I love the design, exterior and interior; it was the tan/cream interior color. The salesperson was very good, they have a cement/rock “hill” and he used this to demonstrate the “off road” capabilities and cameras. The family was impressed although my son was a bit squished in the center seat with my daughter’s booster leaning on him as we were canted to the side a fair amount.

As to driving impressions the car handles very well for what it is, corners very flat with quick steering and throttle response. Boost builds quickly and with such a quick throttle it feels faster than it is. All and all I liked it, the two things that would keep me from buying it is power and the number of issues people have had with them. I would be buying used so I’d have to wait another year or more to get a 2014 or very late production 2013 in hopes LR has ironed out most of the bugs.

If there were some good tuning options then I wouldn’t be too concerned. The fact that this is a standard Ford Ecoboost 2.0l and yet there aren’t any tuning options is disappointing. It should at least be as powerful as a Focus ST IMO. If I’m going to sacrifice performance in my next purchase I’ll probably opt for something much larger so I never have to drive my wife’s mini-van again.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Ads