CD Disk and Track Information Display

This is a discussion on CD Disk and Track Information Display within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; My ordinary Pure with Meridian stereo refuses to show CD disk title and individual track info. If I stick a ordinary commercial CD that is ...

Member #

My ordinary Pure with Meridian stereo refuses to show CD disk title and individual track info.

If I stick a ordinary commercial CD that is many years old into my PC I get shown this info.

My Evoque won't.

Is there a setting somewhere that effects this?

(if I burn a CD on my PC with MP3 files the Evoque shows data from that)

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Well, been some controversy about how the Evoque accesses Gracenote. Most cars get an updated data base, but I believe my 2013 Dynamic can get at it over the internet. Now I know the Nav can get traffic data that way -- perhaps through my phone. I say this because my son had just come out with an album on the day after I took delivery of my Evoque, he put it on Gracenote. When I put it into my PC, iTunes couldn't find it, nor could Windows Med Player. However, WinAmp found it. And so did my Evoque (iTunes and Windows Player got it later BTW). But since his new album could not have been in any car-mounted data base, it must have gone on line for it.

So... I suspect (based on what you have described) there is no data base, or it's messed up... or you need to drive around with your cell phone plugged into your nav? I actually called Gracenote and they just blew me off. You can ask your dealer. Dealer's are usually not hip, but if you force him to investigate (if you should have data base for example) then he may actually figure out this puzzle. Please keep us posted. And, oh yeah... on this site I believe, besides LR navigation updates, some cars are listed with music data bases. GPS Navigation System | NAVTEQ | Navigation.com

Ads