Steering wheel misalignment - is this typical of all Evoques?

This is a discussion on Steering wheel misalignment - is this typical of all Evoques? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have a 2013 pure premium with a cockeyed steering wheel (about 3-5 deg to the left) that has been bothering me since I got ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

I have a 2013 pure premium with a cockeyed steering wheel (about 3-5 deg to the left) that has been bothering me since I got the car in late June. The wheel alignment is perfect just that the steering wheel is off. I brought it to the dealer and they said it was within .01-.02 deg of the toe control specified by the factory and all other wheel alignments were within spec. They acknowledged the steering wheel is crooked but said since the wheels are perfectly aligned it would be risky to adjust the toe control.I've owned other vehicles with misaligned steering wheels but they were Nissan and Honda's and were easily adjusted with toe control. Does anyone else have this issue and how was it corrected?Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Well... there was one guy On a UK forum, but I believe the alignment was off. You could have someone else check the alignment, and if correct, insist the dealer realign the streering wheel. Where are you in California?

Member #
    I'm located in San Jose vicinity. Dealer explained the process for steering wheel realignment and it seems pretty invasive without guaranteeing it would be perfect. I don't like taking things apart and reassembling knowing you can tell that it is no longer factory new especially if the problem persists. I still think he could've adjusted the toe control manually but claims everything is done electronically - technology has its downside - gone are the days of simple fixes with a wrench and a slight nudge...

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Driving Premium 4 dr since Jan. this year. Complained exactly the same thing to the dealer but I was told nothing wrong with the alignment....

Member #
    I have the exact same problem with both of my Evoques. However, yesterday I had an Evoque loaner and the steering wheel was perfectly straight. In the past they took some of the tilt out but not all. I'm thinking about an independent shop taking a look at it. It appears the dealers think if the alignment is good one must live with the problem. Yes, it's annoying.

Member #
    Yes, I'm thinking of doing the same. Please let me know if you find a good place and more importantly their technique to fix the problem. It's too good of a vehicle to have this crooked steering wheel staring at me everyday...Thanks!

Member #
    I would not take it to an independent repair shop. It's a warranty issue and should be addressed by Land Rover. My Evoque's wheel is aligned perfectly. If it weren't it would make me very upset every time I was driving the car and ruin the new car experience that I paid a premium for. For an independent shop to possibly mess up this steering wheel alignment repair would leave you with no recourse as you would void the terms of the warranty. My Land Rover dealer seems to take great care in customer satisfaction (I'm not in Caslifornia.) I would take it to the next level of consumer complaint and contact the regional or national level of Land Rover. It sounds as though there are a number of unhappy customers with this problem so you're not an isolated case. Why did you buy the car as the problem must have been evident at that time?

Member #
    Had the same issue as OP when I picked up the car a few weeks ago. But an alignment from the dealer seem to have fixed the issue for me.

Member #
    It took me two months to find the right color / options but only spent 10 minutes test driving it on the crowded streets of San Jose and it arrived with only 11 miles on the OD. Wasn't glaringly apparent until I spent time driving it on the highway. There's a lot to take in on test driving a new vehicle - this was the only glitch.

Member #
    Do you love your evoque? - would you be
    interested in attending a focus group in central London Tuesday 23rd July evening
    90mins paying £50.00 incentive. please Email: [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads