Dynamic Avoid Traffic

Dynamic Avoid Traffic

This is a discussion on Dynamic Avoid Traffic within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; On a recent trip the GPS popped up a Dynamic Avoid Traffic message asking me if I wanted a new route about 20 times in ...

Member #

Dynamic Avoid Traffic

On a recent trip the GPS popped up a Dynamic Avoid Traffic message asking me if I wanted a new route about 20 times in 1 hour.It's a big distraction and makes the GPS pretty much useless.How do I turn this off or disable completely?!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have not experienced your problem but I would think the manual would address this issue. If not, call the dealer.

Member #
    We have that happen a lot! Very annoying!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I believe the answer is on page 144 of the owner's manual:

TMC (Traffic Message Channel). Not used
    for entering a destination but, when
    enabled, will provide data about road
    conditions and any events that may affect
    the journey.

This implies that the feature can be turned on or off.

Member #
    Well, on the 2013 the shut-off traffic alert is right at the top of the main nav screen.

Member #
    It can be totally turned off or tuned for just "major" events. Regardless, I think it's almost worthless.

Member #
    Problem is, in a place like Los Angeles, there are almost never any "clear" routes. So the thing goes nuts. Probably work fine for Alaska or Vermont.

Member #
    It works fairly well in Minneapolis, as we have "moderate" traffic. But it does re-route more than you need it. I take its re-routes with a grain of salt. Even when selecting for highways, the slightest traffic and the thing freaks out and tells you to take side roads. Most of the time if you stick it out on the highway it is better.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    The Evoque Nav is the most worthless NAV i have ever used!! it look like they found some high school kids and asked them to write this program. No matter what setting i use even selectin only highways and avoid local street and this sucker will always tell me to exit from the highway at least 4 exit away to my desired exit!! heck even my Blackberry gives better direction that this.. I just use my Iphone and use google or Waze to get to where i want.. Also in NY the NAV doest always have the street name and it's slot to respond that i usually miss my street. I just try not to use the NAV so I dont start hating the the Evoque the rest i love..
    RRE Dynamic, Firenze Red w/ Black contrast roof, Ebony/Pimento, Climate Control, Satellite Radio, w/ Roof Rail/Cross Bar.
    Turbo Infiniti G35 with lots of extra....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboAddict View Post
    The Evoque Nav is the most worthless NAV i have ever used!! it look like they found some high school kids and asked them to write this program. No matter what setting i use even selectin only highways and avoid local street and this sucker will always tell me to exit from the highway at least 4 exit away to my desired exit!! heck even my Blackberry gives better direction that this.. I just use my Iphone and use google or Waze to get to where i want.. Also in NY the NAV doest always have the street name and it's slot to respond that i usually miss my street. I just try not to use the NAV so I dont start hating the the Evoque the rest i love..
    Good news/bad news... 2013 Nav a far better.

Ads