Poor Design of Front Seat Release Handle in Coupe

This is a discussion on Poor Design of Front Seat Release Handle in Coupe within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I've had my 2013 Evoque Coupe for about a month. Only one problem has presented itself. On the coupe the front seat backs tilt forward ...

Member #

I've had my 2013 Evoque Coupe for about a month. Only one problem has presented itself. On the coupe the front seat backs tilt forward to allow for rear seat access. To allow the seat backs to tilt a release handle is placed on the side of the front seats near the headrest. At first the handles appeared to be stuck and wouldn't pull to release the seat. I called the dealer and was told to pull harder and if it breaks its on warranty. The result a broken handle (plastic) on the driver's seat and a very stiff and often stuck handle on the passenger seat. The dealer replaced the broken handle and examined and lubricated the handle linkage on both seats. The dealer's solution is to put firm thumb pressure on a forward spot on the handle release plastic flange framing the release handle and then with less resistance and the handle will work (this keeps the handle assembly from flexing – cheap plastic!) I was told that a new coupe that arrived the day mine was in for service has the same problem and there was an earlier customer complaint like mine. This is a problem that Land Rover needs to address and correct. Consider how many times your going to use this handle and how poorly and cheaply (plastic) its made. Its just a matter of time before the plastic bends and the problems reoccurs.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I want to readdress this post as I'll be contacting Land Rover about the problem. Even after the best efforts of the dealer to correct the problem the seat back release still sticks about a third of the time. When my children try to use the seat release they can't make the release work at all and they're stuck in the rear until I release the seat back (kids if you don't behave I'll put you in the Evoque.) Coupe owners give me some feedback as to whether or not you have this problem. If there are others experiencing this problem, this blog with support my complaint against Land Rover.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    I want to readdress this post as I'll be contacting Land Rover about the problem. Even after the best efforts of the dealer to correct the problem the seat back release still sticks about a third of the time. When my children try to use the seat release they can't make the release work at all and they're stuck in the rear until I release the seat back (kids if you don't behave I'll put you in the Evoque.) Coupe owners give me some feedback as to whether or not you have this problem. If there are others experiencing this problem, this blog with support my complaint against Land Rover.
    You should have got the 4 door since you have children and will be using the rear seat a lot.

Ads